Sprayer for applying upholstery protectant

Name
Swani
I think this would be pretty sweet for applying protectant on upholstery.
Screenshot_20230116_202632_Chrome.jpg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I have a few of those. The pump and pressure relief are the sprayers down fall both are plastic and leak,i love my longray sprayer added a kleanrite filter (stainless quick connect) and 15' 1/8 hose and whatever trigger gun you like (skip the compressor) and you have a sprayer that will pump up to 70psi safely and last forever. You can getaway with a cheaper filter but i like the kleanrite because of it's ease of cleaning if you're interested i can take better pictures and furnish you with a parts list,(even with those plastic sprayers i installed the filter haven't had clogged jets since)

Screenshot_20230116-194910_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20230116-194928_Chrome.jpg 20210120_093110.jpg 20210106_162812.jpg

Name
Swani
I have a few of those. The pump and pressure relief are the sprayers down fall both are plastic and leak,i love my longray sprayer added a kleanrite filter (stainless quick connect) and 15' 1/8 hose and whatever trigger gun you like (skip the compressor) and you have a sprayer that will pump up to 70psi safely and last forever. You can getaway with a cheaper filter but i like the kleanrite because of it's ease of cleaning if you're interested i can take better pictures and furnish you with a parts list,(even with those plastic sprayers i installed the filter haven't had clogged jets since)

View attachment 120232 View attachment 120233 View attachment 120234 View attachment 120235
Tbis is awesome! I would be very interested if you would share your build on it.

Name
Nate W.
Amy from Texas who sprays tons of FPA solvent protector like the Green Gorilla sprayers.. It's actually a pretty nifty setup for having an air pump that is enough to spray the correct pressure for applying protection..

There is a pro model but it seems to be sold-out..

Name
Swani
Amy from Texas who sprays tons of FPA solvent protector like the Green Gorilla sprayers.. It's actually a pretty nifty setup for having an air pump that is enough to spray the correct pressure for applying protection..

There is a pro model but it seems to be sold-out..
That looks pretty sweet. I'll definitely be picking one of those up.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Reactions: SamIam

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
If you're a spare no expense want the best kinda guy,Patroit sprayers is the cats meow when building my frankinsprayer, i needed away to pressurize , my supplier who also does concrete refinishing turned me on to these guy's. Their sprayer maintains constant pressure thanks to a paintball gun co2 tank, i didn't really need to go that far however i did buy their strap on co2 tank holder to hold my battery compressor but for constant steady pressure there is none better according to Chuck at Spectrum enterprise (i would still install an inline filter) im going to the shop in about an hour and will take pictures i promised yesterday

Screenshot_20230117-094307_Chrome.jpg 20210106_162829.jpg

Reactions: Living The Dream

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
As you can see from the pictures I've had several of these twbs sprayers over the years and still have new spare pumps and parts for them. To make the frankinsprayer i bought a m14× 1.5 FEMALE TO 3/8 hose barb (OR MM equivalent) at that point i cannibalized the rest of the parts off an existing sprayer but to build mine youll need 3/8 to 1/8 female hose fitting from the tank, a hose, and a spray gun. I carry 2 my main use 1 has a 6501 teejet the other a 650067 (half the amount of spray),i still strongly recommend a filter. I like the kleanrite because it's easy to clean than the type on the hydraforce .
The easier to clean the more it is cleaned. I clean mine each time i fill it. The only modification still pending is a safty lock for the quick connect it'll be a piece of stainless that will strap on using a piece of velcro to hold it in place so as the filter quick connect can't come uncoupled by accident kthe drawingisthe exact 1 im sending to my machinest along with the quickconnect. I can'twaittoseewhathe comesupwith🤗). I choose the longray sprayer because it is all stainless has a pressure guage,a schrader valve and an industrial pressure relief valve a trick ive learned over the decades ive been doing this regardless of what the distructions say, leave the sprayer pumped up in storage as long as there is liquid in it! The reason for this is with on pressure the liquid getsitto tje pump and undre pressure it can't most all sprayer problems are with jets clogging and pumps failing (pressure reliefs also) well thats my advice take it or leave it up to you . As always i stand behind all recommendations and if you happen to be driving one i stand way way behind it🤣😅😂 and if it breaks in 2 you get to keep both pieces

20230117_102604.jpg 20230117_102431.jpg 20230117_102626.jpg 20230117_102641.jpg 20230117_102704.jpg 20230117_102917.jpg 20230117_103049.jpg 20230117_103116.jpg 20230117_103131.jpg 20230117_103156.jpg 20230117_103249.jpg 20230117_112818.jpg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
As you can see from the pictures I've had several of these twbs sprayers over the years and still have new spare pumps and parts for them. To make the frankinsprayer i bought a m14× 1.5 FEMALE TO 3/8 hose barb (OR MM equivalent) at that point i cannibalized the rest of the parts off an existing sprayer but to build mine youll need 3/8 to 1/8 female hose fitting from the tank, a hose, and a spray gun. I carry 2 my main use 1 has a 6501 teejet the other a 650067 (half the amount of spray),i still strongly recommend a filter. I like the kleanrite because it's easy to clean than the type on the hydraforce .
The easier to clean the more it is cleaned. I clean mine each time i fill it. The only modification still pending is a safty lock for the quick connect it'll be a piece of stainless that will strap on using a piece of velcro to hold it in place so as the filter quick connect can't come uncoupled by accident kthe drawingisthe exact 1 im sending to my machinest along with the quickconnect. I can'twaittoseewhathe comesupwith🤗). I choose the longray sprayer because it is all stainless has a pressure guage,a schrader valve and an industrial pressure relief valve a trick ive learned over the decades ive been doing this regardless of what the distructions say, leave the sprayer pumped up in storage as long as there is liquid in it! The reason for this is with on pressure the liquid getsitto tje pump and undre pressure it can't most all sprayer problems are with jets clogging and pumps failing (pressure reliefs also) well thats my advice take it or leave it up to you . As always i stand behind all recommendations and if you happen to be driving one i stand way way behind it🤣😅😂 and if it breaks in 2 you get to keep both pieces

View attachment 120248 View attachment 120249 View attachment 120250 View attachment 120251 View attachment 120252 View attachment 120253 View attachment 120254 View attachment 120255 View attachment 120256 View attachment 120257 View attachment 120258 View attachment 120259

Screenshot_20230117-142030_eBay.jpg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Don't need a big capacity sprayer for upholstery.

For solvent carried protectant, these work great, look professional, and when they're past the simple fixes, throw them in the recycle bin.

iu

One air charge will get through any typical job, but you can use co2 cartridges if you want.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

For solvent carried protectant, these work great, look professional, and when they're past the simple fixes, throw them in the recycle bin.

iu

One air charge will get through any typical job, but you can use co2 cartridges if you want.
I have one. About 20 years old and still works great. Just means you need a compressor or an air tank on the truck to refill.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

iu

Thank you very much @The Great Oz !

Lovin the looks of their pistol grip Model M too. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

Are you going to be in San Diego this weekend?

I owe you a couple beers brother man. 🍻

Sprayers_BOTH.jpg

I carry Ryobi's air compressor on the truck for charging pepsi sprayers. So, the Sure Shot looks like a perfect fit.

78a56a4894894e4ea818b569607ef29a.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Owe me nothing, but thanks.

Back when 3M was making solvent carried Scotchgard (20 years ago?) they threw one of these in with every five cases purchased.

I think we still have one that works, although the chrome is peeled off and no longer pretty.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I just threw away a few 2 gal HF sprayers in the trash. Had em for a few years sitting in the corner of my basement waiting on me to repair. Got so sick of these over price sprayers wrestling with trying to spin the top to refill, seals craping…one day just bit the bullet and trashed them. Never again.

Today I stick with simplicity, easy refill and light weight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom