Spring has sprung! I think I am in trouble.

machinejjh

Get out of your 'comfort zone'. Hire and train with the vision of growth. It might be scary at first, but relinquish some control and manage not work.

BillC

joeynbgky said:
Sounds good.. But my area is different than all areas. High priced cleaners go out of business. My other area nashville high prices are ok but not in bowling green.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Joey, get your stories straight!! You just said a week or so ago that you usually charge .40 a square and others do to and they get it! I see you contradicting yourself a lot on here....

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I never bank on a few weeks as a permanent trend, more like 8-12, however I start the process around the 3rd to 4th week.

Adding a truck here = $80k spent in 30 days, might mean something completely different to you.

If you run 1 man crews, add a second guy to each truck, and add work to the load. Second guys get trained, and you can get a lot more done if you work it properly. If you can get 1.5 more jobs a day average over a month, 24 working days, saying your average ticket by your ad is $200, that's just shy of $15k in additional revenue in a month, open up Sundays, now you are at $20k. My guys dreaded it, but proper incentive and translating what short term sacrifice meant to long term growth got them all on board.

In 60 days you have a nice chunk down on van 3, and 4 trained techs to run 3 vans, I always try to have 1 more full time cleaning tech than vans, sick days and other various mia tech days don't equate to lost $ as all your eggs aren't in one basket.

Just don't deplete all of your liquidity for the sake of adding a truck, that's the gamble that can put your lights out.

Just because you can't handle a little extra business is not that big a deal.

Hopefully you are bringing in at least 5k per week per truck with all this business.

If not I would not worry about doing anything expect making more money per job.

And if you are bringing in good money and need a third truck, I will sell you mine for 12k and you can put it on the road tomorrow. Tuned up, new tires, and ready to go. Can't go any lower than that. Or you could just have it on hand if one of your other trucks goes down. I want to get a second dual wand machine. It fits my business model better.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Re: Re: Spring has sprung! I think I am in trouble.

BillC said:
joeynbgky said:
Sounds good.. But my area is different than all areas. High priced cleaners go out of business. My other area nashville high prices are ok but not in bowling green.

Joey, get your stories straight!! You just said a week or so ago that you usually charge .40 a square and others do to and they get it! I see you contradicting yourself a lot on here....
Bill.. First off if u would read my other posts I said I will if they don't have a coupon.. and rarely do I get that forty. And yes billy hicks gets it and some others.. anything else? Got ur glasses on lol

BillC

Re: Re: Spring has sprung! I think I am in trouble.

joeynbgky said:
BillC said:
joeynbgky said:

Bill.. First off if u would read my other posts I said I will if they don't have a coupon.. and rarely do I get that forty. And yes billy hicks gets it and some others.. anything else? Got ur glasses on lol

Yes I got my damn glasses on.. If they get that much maybe its because they go way beyond what you do.. If you say you go ALL OUT for your 3rooms & hall coupon price then I find that very hard to believe.

All out for Joey is spray and suck with no furniture moving, prevacuum, scrub, dry strokes, or fans.

Still for 79 dollars that is a hell of a deal

BillC

danielc said:
All out for Joey is spray and suck with no furniture moving, prevacuum, scrub, dry strokes, or fans.

Still for 79 dollars that is a hell of a deal
To each his own, I guess!!!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
He posted before he spends 1.5 to 2 hours on a 3 room/hall job, so I doubt he is blowing and going. That job would only take me about 45 mins. to 1 hour if I did it by myself.

I would find ways to be more efficient. Hire a helper on one truck. Carry everything into the house you might need and eliminate trips to the van. If your service area is large, schedule jobs in the same vicinity for the same day. Give general time slots in busy times rather than solid appointments. We also cut out the outlying areas we used to service unless they were willing to pay a trip fee. My experience with a third truck was not positive and I found it was better for me to cut out the more troublesome work and stick with 2 trucks.

I have also seen very little slowdown in the slower months and a nice increase in business all around. The competition here has visibly reduced their advertising so I would assume that has something to do with it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Joeball, are you running ONE man crew??

if you are, there's time waster .
Choreograph a two man TEAM to work together efficiently , and your productivity will increase exponentially

..l.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
One man crew and yes we vacuum. I will look into adding another person per truck. Sometimes when I run the tm I always have a helper. I just grab one of my cleaning girls. I rarely run a truck though.. I seem to always be scrubbing toilets and oven all day

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Sounds like you have a good market for carpet cleaning in your area. thats a blessing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom