spring loaded ball valves to stop jet from leaking

Hey, Frankie chocolate here. a few years ago I saw an ad somewhere about a tiny ball with a spring attached to it that you inserted into the back of your t-jet. the ball under pressure from the spring closed the access to the tip and stopped leaking. when you pulled the trigger, How I love to pull that trigger, the pressure of the hose would push back the ball and you could run what you brung. never saw the ad again. any one know if it was good or not and if good where to find them?

thanks

f.c.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
This...........????

StubbyInstructions-emailing.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Talk to Greenie.
He sells the check valve jets and they come in the extended version to get the heat closer to the carpet.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
these work better then the check valves.......if you want to use extenders then remove the guts

been using/testing these for about 4 months..I have been putting them threw some very high temps and pressures and they have not failed yet......as long as you have a healthy valves you will not get a single drop threw your jets.............

Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about.

how do I contact greenie. and what the heck are you talking about with extenders. aren't my rx20 jets already as close as they should be?

thanks

f.c.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
frankiechocolate said:
Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about.

how do I contact greenie. and what the heck are you talking about with extenders. aren't my rx20 jets already as close as they should be?

thanks

f.c.

extensions...or extended check valves bring your jets closer to the carpet..they have the little SS ball and the spring inside them to help stop the drips....

the ones that I posted have a Teflon ball and a bit stronger spring and seat tighter...I have never had a extended check valve last me over 3 weeks....some guys have theirs and they say they have no problems....the ones you put in the jets like I mentioned above so far have been bullet prof......

Greenie

When you got 12 mo. on them let me know.

I specifically didn't select a stiffer spring because it retards flow even more.

On my checkies, the brass body is the softer material and seats the SS ball, on the other, the ball seats against the SS jet.

The thing I don't like about the "in the jet" model is it is prone to Distort the spray pattern, the water coming through the spring whips into a cyclone and because it's so close to the actual precision orifice of the jet there isn't any room for the spray pattern to self correct. You will see this more and more as the jets wear.

With the 1/2" and 1" body on my checkies, there is room for the spray to straighten out.

Secondary, you push the jet 1/2" TO 1" closer to the carpet for less steam vapor in the room, and more heat Preservation to the carpet.

The checkies are serviceable, a 5/32 allen wrench allows the spring to be accessed and the ball and spring and inside of check to be cleaned. Also occasionally the many cycles of the spring opening and closing cause the little brass heck keeper to back off, just tighten them back down twice a year when you inspect to clean.

Jim could probably drop a teflon ball into one of his existing extensions and give that a run, it may work just as well.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Cant say I have seen it distort the spray as of yet......from what I can tell with the shorter spring and less travel on a Teflon ball it allows it to seat tighter....after awhile each little ball will dimple itself and create its own perfectly formed seat for each jet...you let off your valve and it is a dead instant stop

Cant say that I have noticed any difference in wear to the jets as of yet either.....I have noticed that they have discolored and are a light shade of black now for some reason......

Name
Nate W.
Jim Martin said:
these work better then the check valves.......if you want to use extenders then remove the guts

been using/testing these for about 4 months..I have been putting them threw some very high temps and pressures and they have not failed yet......as long as you have a healthy valves you will not get a single drop threw your jets.............

Hey Jim, it's been roughly 9 months.... Are they still holding up well?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jim Martin said:
This...........????

StubbyInstructions-emailing.jpg

These are the ones I use. They are over 2 years old and still don't drip. I used Greenies check valves for a few weeks but they made a fingernails on the chalkboard squeak sound so I switched back to these from Joe.

LeeCory

Ok, I need some of these, where can I get them? Joe who?

Do I get them from the "Wanders" phone number listed in the pic?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
LeeCory said:
Ok, I need some of these, where can I get them? Joe who?

Do I get them from the "Wanders" phone number listed in the pic?

Yeah, Joe at Wanders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom