Sprinter or Ford

clean one

Looking at new vans have found a ford cube 12 footer, where i can have the inside height built kinda like the AT or Vortex boxes not high, but high enough to stand up in. thats a e350 with single rear wheels. or a 14 footer dual rear wheels.

My local dodge dealer has started servicing sprinters which is a good thing for me. They are working on being dealer for them.

Looking at the 170" WB with the extended body which is 15'4" of cargo bed length with a high roof

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Depends on the type of machine you have. Last I heard they don't have a fuel tap kit designed yet for the gasoline Sprinter so you would need a diesel machine or do an auxilary fuel tank. The Sprinters are sweet though.

G

Sprinter of ford

Have you checked the MPG of the Sprinter against the Ford. The high top is a good van, as you can mount your hose reel on the roof and have the floor space

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The choice between a Ford or a Chrysler is like between getting punched in the stomach or kicked in the knee. I wish Toyota or Honda made a full sized van.

Bob Foster

A cab-over with a custom box works out to be less money than a Sprinter. It has a tighter turning radius and more room.

This is particularly an advantage if you like to carry lots of tools ie 175 T&C portables etc. Also the cab over has the capacity to handle the weight of larger tanks.

You will give up a few mpg for the extra utility.

RickL

Mine

Way you've been working lately buy one of each and let me use the one you don't like.
I personally like the fords you been showing me.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
I would wait for awhile...Dodge is ...might be dropping the sprinter and hooking up with Nissan and using one of their UK vans.Sounds like they're trying to keep up Ford's Transit coming out in 2010. Smaller vans will be the big wave.

Patrick

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
As a general rule the Sprinters suck. That do not hold up to wear and tear very well.

I have this van:

14301461267.jpg

I absolutely love it.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Mine is a 12 footer. I had a 14 footer at one time and prefer the 12. The 12 just gets around more comfortably, IMO. Plus it has the shorter wheel base, which makes it handle better. It doesn't feel as big as the 14.

I do WD, so I need more room than a regular van.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Oh. and I cut a door out on the side so my TM is on the side rather than running out of the back. That gives me a ton of space since my hose reel and everything is on the side.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Jeremy N said:
Oh. and I cut a door out on the side so my TM is on the side rather than running out of the back. That gives me a ton of space since my hose reel and everything is on the side.

that would look great w/ a really nice wrap...id say 7 words or less to make the visual really stand out....that's just me though.

do u have pics of the inside as well?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
tmdry said:
Jeremy N said:

that would look great w/ a really nice wrap...id say 7 words or less to make the visual really stand out....that's just me though.

do u have pics of the inside as well?

Yeah, I plan to get a wrap of some sort soon.

No pics of the inside yet...I should have some soon.

clean one

Hey Jeremy, i looked at 12 foot ford e350 , looks to have about the same body i really like it. I run a 15 foot cube van , and i really like have the room to work in. But it is kinda overkill. If i was going to have a huge water tank i would go with the setup Bob is taking about

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom