Sprinter question

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you effectivly seal of the cab so you don't have to deal the the heat and stench of a slide in?

And where are people mounting the gas tanks to run non diesel units?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
sprinter_rear.jpg

Cameron1

Yes. It comes from the factory with an installed Bulkhead. With a little caulking and linex you can get it airtight.

The new Sprinters made by Mercedes are light years ahead of the old Dodge models. You will be impressed by the quietness of the motor and the space to haul whatever your unique capabilities are.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I like the factory installed bulkhead. This is what I did in my 04 Chevy extended van. Its painted white and the center portion can removed from the cab side. I love being separated from the back of the van especially in the summer.
2004Chevvan002.jpg

2004Chevvan004.jpg

TM003.jpg

TM006.jpg

lance

Shane, great look on the inside of your van. You don't see many vans with two water-wells in them. Very clean install.

How do you store your hose and supplies? Got any more pics?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Mike you should just convert your V to a slide in box truck.

Yep....rip out all the V parts and put them on a shelf and wait for the highest bidder....take it down and have the huge hole welded back up and all the others fixed.....treat it...coat it...rhino line it...and pick out what you want to put in it...

Walt

CIMG0205.jpg

I don't feel the heat or smell anything. Rides better than a box truck. Smaller engine but powers up a hill much faster as well. Cruises at 75mph loaded with no problem.

CIMG0181.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Walt said:
CIMG0205.jpg

I don't feel the heat or smell anything. Rides better than a box truck. Smaller engine but powers up a hill much faster as well. Cruises at 75mph loaded with no problem.

CIMG0181.jpg

Walt, I assume you need to stand in the truck to reel in the vac hose?

Does that G59 really dual wand? two wands, 14 inches with 300 feet out?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Becker said:
Do it, I could use a boost..

Brent never gave me props a few weeks ago when we work togther..

I've been too ashamed to even take the pic. lol

Maybe tomorrow because I have to get it ready for next week anyway.

Walt

I stand in the truck out of the rain. It has a foot pedal switch for the reel. Works like a dream - one hand to guide the hose, the other to towel off the hose as it reels in.

It will hold 14 inches on two wands no problem. I've never run more than 250 on one and 200 on the other at the same time. That's all the hose I carry. So I can't comment on dual 300 ft runs.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I wish I'd have known a week ago, had a factory steel wall that I just drilled out and fed to my dumpster. I use console water tanks to keep the weight dist. as even as possible, so I toss them, 3 so far - sorry man.

I just bought another, I have a tech driving it in from NY as I type this, I have another in TX I am picking up next week, and will need one more. All are/will be the super tall models. If I end up with another, It's yours if you want to handle the shipping cost.

Also on the fuel tanks, I use marine grade inboard tanks, 12 gal. units from overtons. They provide for return lines (if EFI), you can buy vent kits, you can buy exterior fillers and mount it through a wall, etc. Lots of options.

I strap them down inside the van, vent them to the underside, fill from the inside, and I do have a ground strap. Some folks on the boards have raised issues with this, I'm comfy with them installed the way they are - I have had 4 vans set-up this way for about 6 years, one was in a pretty bad accident, zero issues. You just have to be smart about the fuel line type, how you route it, etc.

I haven't seen a universally DOT approved secondary tank for these vehicles, however there are a few non-approved out there, but they are not cheap, $1400-1500 pre installation - and where they locate them, a very minor accident could = a boooooom. I'd stick with what I had even if those tanks were the same price as the marines I use.

http://sprinterstore.com/specialty_parts.htm

Heres a post with some pics of one of my older sprinters

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28230

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Also let me know what year sprinter you have/are getting - I can pm you a few sources for maint. parts and even used parts super cheap.

Walt

indyallpro said:
I wish I'd have known a week ago, had a factory steel wall that I just drilled out and fed to my dumpster. I use console water tanks to keep the weight dist. as even as possible, so I toss them, 3 so far - sorry man.

I just bought another, I have a tech driving it in from NY as I type this, I have another in TX I am picking up next week, and will need one more. All are/will be the super tall models. If I end up with another, It's yours if you want to handle the shipping cost.

Also on the fuel tanks, I use marine grade inboard tanks, 12 gal. units from overtons. They provide for return lines (if EFI), you can buy vent kits, you can buy exterior fillers and mount it through a wall, etc. Lots of options.

I strap them down inside the van, vent them to the underside, fill from the inside, and I do have a ground strap. Some folks on the boards have raised issues with this, I'm comfy with them installed the way they are - I have had 4 vans set-up this way for about 6 years, one was in a pretty bad accident, zero issues. You just have to be smart about the fuel line type, how you route it, etc.

I haven't seen a universally DOT approved secondary tank for these vehicles, however there are a few non-approved out there, but they are not cheap, $1400-1500 pre installation - and where they locate them, a very minor accident could = a boooooom. I'd stick with what I had even if those tanks were the same price as the marines I use.

http://sprinterstore.com/specialty_parts.htm

Heres a post with some pics of one of my older sprinters

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28230

They want 3k for that tank with side fill installed. Apparently it's more if it's not diesel because they have to install a way to fill it. Otherwise, it would just connect to the existing tank. They're located fairly close to my home.

The 59 blower is comparable to a 6008 blower as long as you are using 2.5 hose AND it is well plumbed. Otherwise you will be disappointed.

Can't you try one before you buy something?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom