Sprinter, Transit or ProMaster?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My next van might be a Promaster or transit.

My 2010 Sprinter's Transmission broke down again. It only has 60k miles on it..
I just paid $6500 two months to fix it. I don't really admire my Mercedes Benz service advisor-- I get better service from Honda.

Any issues with the Promaster or transit? Or are they too new to tell?

J

JS41035

My cousin has a promaster. I've so far talked to 2 hotshot fright companies that have over 100000 on promasters. They are everywhere around here. Of course I e seen sprinters with 300k so I guess you never know.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My cousin has a promaster. I've so far talked to 2 hotshot fright companies that have over 100000 on promasters. They are everywhere around here. Of course I e seen sprinters with 300k so I guess you never know.

Does your cousin like his ProMaster? Any issues yet?

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
My Promaster is still low mileage but I like the FWD and the handling, though I'd prefer AWD. Buy an extended warranty.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I just started looking at the promaster diesel/ I have prochem apex in a ford regular van and it does not work for me. Any problems putting a slide in the promaster.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
All of the putting Truckmounts in the new Eurovans was just a myth.

If you have concerns measure twice and pull the fuel tank ensuring there aren't an other lines you might pierce or strike. Also try not to hit the rails as it will just be holes you can't use.

Ron K

My Promaster is still low mileage but I like the FWD and the handling, though I'd prefer AWD. Buy an extended warranty.
What TM do you have in there? Is it a High Roof and what wheelbase? I have a 94Ford Econoline. The transits just looks cheap to me in there fit and finish the Dodge looked more stout. Bigger wheels nicer trim....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The transits I have seen and driven are pretty stout, one example would be in the step on the side door. It is very well thought out and constructed as to add rigidity and overall strength to the body of the van.

We have rented a few and even the nonnturbo motor had enough to climb 6% or better grades with 14 people in it and all of our gear, while getting very decent gas mileage.

Chris A

Name
Chris
From everything I've seen the transit is a nice van. The Promaster worries me a little bit just bc it's a Chrysler product but I haven't heard anything negative about it

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Ron K

As in:
F -- fix
I -- it
A -- again
T -- Tony ???

Maybe I should wait to buy one?
F ound
O n
R oad
D ead
That said I have a Ford 200,000 miles 4 transmissions! First one at 32,000 first set of tires lasted me 65,000. 4.9l may run forever though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom