Sprinter Van Layout

Walt

Heres the layout for my new gear in a sprinter van. Any input on the layout?

Driver side: _ 80 gal Fresh water tank
_ 16 gallon chemical shelf
_ Air mover rack
_ Above air mover shelf for accessories
_ Floor Machine (roto) storage near rear of truck (to include hooks for transport)

Passenger side: _ 80 gal Fresh water tank
_ Chemical/Tool storage
_ Hose management center
_ Vacuum hose reel
_ Dual hose reels stacked - garden / solution

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Walt;

The layout looks pretty good.

I would move the vac hose reel closer to the door,

and put the stack reels on the left rear.

Larry

Walt

I was wondering if I might be fighting the vac hose reel. Its a bit higher then the solution reel and is electric. Hmmm.....

John Watson

Walt, those rigs are so high, so much wasted space above the machine, If it were mine I would send perticulars to my down under friend young Jim and his dad. Offer to pay for a design layout auzzie style. I know you have seen what he has posted here

Able 1

Name
Keith
Why not mount the water line on top of the mach. and move the vac. hoses back, that 2.5 would be a bitch there. you going to crawl in everytime to reel?

G

Walt, since your reel is electric you can leave it there if you like, I had one years ago that was about in the middle of the van offset because I wanted to go out the back,you just have a little tail to the door.

Kevin

Bob Foster

I think you got too much weight on the front axle. Maybe put the waste tank on the other side of the slide in (but don't move the slide in forward).

Maybe put the waste tank behind the slide in on the drivers side and like Larry said run the reels like you have them but on the driver side rear.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
contact Power Clean and see if they will have one at Connections and go check it out if they do

I would talk to Jim Bethel and get some ideas from him

Are you really going to be happy with that small waste and fresh water tank?

are you left or right handed

for me the vac hose reel would have to go on the drivers side

where will the APO go

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I have a customer with two Sprinters. He had two electric hose reels custom made to his measurements that fit above the machine. He had two Performer 405's and now Bluewaves. The reels fit perfect and make use of all that head room. I'll see if I can round up some pictures and post them tomorrow so you can get an idea of how they look.

On a side note. Did you do that mock-up yourself or is there a program out there for van layout? That's slick! I'd love to get my hands on that to show my custy's what their van would look like before the install. 90% off guys that buy machines live 100+ miles away or in a different state. That would simplify things for me quite a bit.

Walt

The design was done by PowerClean in Chicago. They are doing a custom of DXT in a sprinter van for me. From what I understand they are working closely with the Aussies to get installs that are of the same caliber. Based upon my business needs, they design accordingly, providing updates with pictures and diagrams every couple of days. So far they have been great to work with.

There are two fresh water tanks, one in front of each wheel well = 160 gallons of fresh. The waste tank is 125 gal. The APO is internal to the machine. (I think).

So far, they have insulated the walls, ceiling and doors. And they have rino lined the floor - an additional floor will go over that. All the shelving will be rino lined as well. If anyone is interested I will post pictures of the install as they build it.

Walt

a few changes and pictures of the install so far.

Walls insulated and covered in 3/8 inch thick poly. floor rino lined. Fan installed in roof. Carpeting should be done today and maybe the floor installed today as well. I'll post those pictures when done.

Walt

pcikeith

In an installation like this we utilize a marine grade carpet over polyethylene sheeting. The carpet provides additional sound absorbing properties as well as adding to the overall insulation factor. Generally speaking most people (us included) feel it adds a nice finished look to the vehicle as well.

Keith Schuyler
Vice President
PowerClean Industries

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when you have carpet, make sure you keep an eye on your exhaust if you run gas or diesel, ESPECIALLY Diesel. One little leak and you'll have a fun job cleaning all that carpet. One of the benefits of propane.
I admit though, looks great and probably does a great job of knocking down the sound.

Reminds me of another question, how many slide-ins can be operated with the doors all closed?
I'm going to post the question in a separate thread.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, I'm gonna trick out my van with carpet and a water bed in the back for those lonely housewives baby. Maybe put a teardrop window near the back and an airbrushing of a lyon with a hot midevil chick riding it on the sliding door.

Put that with the chain link doors and there you have
Gheto FAAAAAAAbulous baby.
:wink:

Walt

Steve, I've seen the pictures of your machine - very nice. Some day you'll have to crank it up for me and let me try it out.

Brian was going to do it but PowerClean offers a 5 year warranty on the install and the motor in the DXT if you have it installed at the factory. Now that I see what they are doing, I don't think that Brian would have the ability to do the fabrication.

Walt

Final layout.

As you can see they moved the Vac reel up higher to get extra storage and moved the location of the battery sprayer. I guess this is it. I'll post pictures of that part as soon as it's done.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
That's the sprayer that I use. How come the rest of you guys don't use these? They work great when they work but they do need a holder for the sprayer extension. They also need to find some glue that will keep the feet on.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have a customer with two Sprinters. He had two electric hose reels custom made to his measurements that fit above the machine. He had two Performer 405's and now Bluewaves. The reels fit perfect and make use of all that head room. I'll see if I can round up some pictures and post them tomorrow so you can get an idea of how they look.

I know your design is done but I agree with Micah. I could never understand why most have the reels in the back even on a regular van. It cuts the space too much. On the side of a regular van next to the tm will give way more space in the back. You can fit 2 machines side by side. Just my preference though. Will all your chems be in that rack?. How do you get to them?.

For those that have carpet, are you able to rinse the floor with a hose periodically?.

Albert

Walt

The DXT is a pretty big machine and along with a 125 gal waste tank I don't believe there is enough room for the reels to come out the side door. There is a 40 inch wide walkway down the middle to get to all the supplies and to "park" things like a cimex.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom