Sprinter vans

Ernie G

Sprinter van-2008-14ft.- $39300.00-What do you think, does that sound like a good price. Its loaded and has the factory panel package. Also some opinions about sprinters in general would be appreiciated.

TimP

Personally I'd look into buying a used one since they can go for almost half unless you put a ton of miles on your Vans. I don't know about the new engine but I've heard they had some problems with the older ones. However fed-ex and ups use them....although I have heard that they stopped buying them but I don't know how true this is. Also one thing to consider is that dodge is the least profitable of all american car manufacturers due to more repairs. Mercedes owned them and sold them for a huge loss....so what does that tell you??? As I said I'm not personally sold on them....sure odds are you will get a decent one cause I'm sure they have more good ones than bad ones.

One thing I can say is the design is for someone who works in their van for sure. Everything looks great and I really would like to have one but I'm worried about the reilability.

John Watson

Bet your gonna call A Steve Short ain't cha???
His is the same size just a few years older, Remember he is tainted, he has one of those big trucks now with the AT I think.. Get his # from the CCINW web site WWW.CCINW.ORG

I will call you at home wed eve from miteys booth

I OWN a Sprinter and love it! I bought a lightly used one and installed a tm in it and I liked it so much I gave one of the techs my Ford and I drive the Sprinter now. There's a lot of room and its easy to walk around inside of the cargo area to get chems and/or work on the tm.

I've been getting really good fuel economy (27-32mpg) and it is actually fun to drive.

Look into a lightly used Sprinter, however know that they DO hold their value more so than the other American vans (Chevy, Ford, or GMC).

I don't regret buying it for one second.

Walt

Good price? Depends.

2500 or 3500? Year? Roof height? Diesel or Gas? Prices vary.

I tried very hard to find a lightly used sprinter in the North West and couldn't find anything. They also seem to hold there value pretty well. Newer used ones weren't much cheaper than a brand new one.

Fuel economy - you might check the sprinter forum. Stated fuel economy varies greatly. Some say they are getting 27-32, most however are getting much less. Roof hieght, load and driving style will affect the outcome.

BTW - I have seen new UPS and FEDX sprinter vans. I think that is a good sign.

MikeD00019

Not the same van but I was gonna buy a new chevy 2008 cargo. I resisted and found a 2007 chevy cargo(not ALL the options I wanted) but I saved $12,000. So don't invest in brand new unless you very comfortable with your money stash! Just need a good warranty. Enterprise sells van they use for a year or so. Treated me like a king.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
mine is a year old with over 40k on it and i love it only had 3 on it miles when i got it
new here a 2500 lbw hi roof is bout 43k
im getting round 20mpg hyw 17 in the city with full tanks clean and dump, and a lot of equipment
i would get another in a heart beat

Ernie G

Walt, Its a 2500-6ft. plus ceiling-diesel, and the salesman says its rated at 4500#'s. The dealership has been sold and their trying to reduce inventory.

Mike, thanks for the info., I will check with enterprise, thats a great idea.

DannyD

Long post coming, but this is a pretty big investment ya might be making here. I have experience w/ a Sprinter, albeit a 2006 model. In most cases (other model vehicles) getting a slightly new one is a good idea. I would NOT do this w/ a Sprinter. Mine was nothing but problems. Also important, I worked w/ about 50 people who all had Sprinters in my previous job. Of those 50, I'd say 35 hated their vehicle, 10 were nuetral on it, & 5 really liked it. Two guys had repair bills in the thousands on vehicles that didn't have that many miles on it. Many of us, including me, had smaller but still frustrating problems. From mechanical problems to things like the fan didn't put out enough heat to defog the windshield. The problems varied, but there were many.

As for the UPS & Fed Ex guys driving em. Yea, they do. But also remember that those companies have fleet mechanics & if I'm not mistaken company trucks, so it's not the individual driver stuck w/ the repair bill.

Now, I'll concede that in the few years since all those lemons came out, that Sprinter quite possibly got their act together & made some improvements. No way could a vehicle be worse. So it's quite possible that most Sprinter owners are happy w/ their vehicles. I'm not sure as I don't keep in contact w/ my former co-workers. But whatever ya do, do NOT get a slightly used vehicle.

Another thing ya may want to do is go to ExpeditersOnline.com & ask questions of those people. A lot of people on that board have Sprinters I would imagine. You're going to have to make up a screen name & register, but it's pretty simple & free. For the investment you're thinking about, ya might get better information from which to make your decision. It could save you thousands or help ya find out that Sprinters are now a decent vehicle.

Good luck to ya & hope this helped.

Back
Top Bottom