Sprinter vs Chevrolet vans dimensions

Bob Foster

Interesting findings comparing a Chev cargo van vs a Sprinter Van

The sprinter is 10 inches narrower however the back door opening of a sprinter is larger Chev is 57 and a Sprinter is 61

Even with the narrower width overall of a Sprinter you could mount a reel and a truck mount beside each other facing out the rear doors. And on the Sprinter the doors wrap can completely around the outside to up against the side panels to be out of your way.
door.jpg

A Chev side door opening is 44 inches but the Sprinter larger at 51 inches. So that means you could also put a reel and TM beside each other and both would be fully exposed facing out the side door leaving the whole back end open to versatility for what ever you want.

The raised roof sprinter has tall walk in height both on the side doors and the back doors.

The working deck on the Chev and is 27" off the ground and the working height off the ground of the Sprinter deck is three inches higher than the Chev.

Max length on Chev 155" Sprinter 170"

Max payload Sprinter 4012 Chev 3992

http://www.thecarconnection.com/specifi ... dimensions

http://www.thecarconnection.com/specifi ... dimensions

I know which one I would rather have.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Chevy takes government handouts .... I'll take a Ford. !gotcha!

Becker

Name
Becker
Really is the sprinter and the ford or chevy cargo in the same class?

One will fit under a 7 height. The other will not.

Bob Foster

I would prefer a Ford to a GM too. GM had to be the most boring car manufacturer on earth.

Bob Foster

Becker said:
What does Canada bring to the table?

Either way bob. You should buy American.

About half the Fords and GMs in North America are built in Canada. So are the Lexus RXs and the Toyota Corollas.

I buy all my CC supplies in the US and I drive a Dodge Caravan, Chev Blazer and a Ford van. My wife drives a Taurus. That's pretty red white and blue for a Kanuk.

Bob Foster

I like that sticker. I just feel that of all the main manufacturers the Sprinter for me would be the best suited as a box van alternative. Nobody else has the room or weight capacity in a high roof van.

But I'm building out a 12 foot box van anyway.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey, that's not fair! Is the chevy photoshopped or something, or is only avaae outside the US

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Where are Sprinters built? They look foreign. Like from a culture with a totally different sense of asthetics. Something the Coneheads would drive if the Coneheads cleaned carpets. "We're from France."

Bob Foster

Vehicles built in Canada
Chevrolet Equinox; GMC Terrain
Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger; Dodge Charger
Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country, VW Routan
Ford Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKT, MKX
Ford Crown Victoria, Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Grand Marquis
Chevrolet Impala
Chevrolet Camaro
Honda Civic, Acura CSX
Acura MDX, ZDX, Honda Civic
Toyota Corolla, Matrix, Lexus RX350
Toyota RAV4

Bob Foster

Johnny said:
Where are Sprinters built? They look foreign. Like from a culture with a totally different sense of asthetics. Something the Coneheads would drive if the Coneheads cleaned carpets. "We're from France."

The cargo version of this model is assembled at a plant in Ladson, South Carolina which was previously used as an American LaFrance factory.

Mexico also makes Sprinters but those are not imported into the US.

Ron K

Canadians Build American Car and Americans win Stanley Cups....Who got the better deal???? blowme

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

fw tank, tm, 100 gal wt, 2 wands, stair wand, spinner, up tool, softener, 15 gal chem draw jug, 3 tier rack, 3 customs chem racks, rotovac, 300' reel, live h2o/sol reels, water claw, commercial grade steamer, stretch/repair tools, rake, and a half dozen other items i'm forgetting - and they still fit 2 lgr 2400 dehus, 24 mytee airmovers, 3 axials, 1 extreme xtractor, and two bins or resty tools/meters - and two techs up front.

There is PLENTY of room around the tm to service any parts on all sides.

It gets 19 MPG's with everything in it - 21 less the resty gear.

I don't care what I think about the looks, nor my techs, nor my colleagues, it's what my custy's think that count, and we get more compliments on these vans in any month than any of our previous ford, chevy, or gm, van or box van got in any 2 year period.

As far as who and where it's built, until the US companies get the MPG's competitive, or fuel falls sub $2 (which isn't ever happening) sorry - I have to go with what makes $ sense with a fleet of 5 - the difference between 11-13 MPG and 18-22 MPG overcomes all patriotic desires.

To all my competitors in Indiana, don't buy sprinters, they suck....lol.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The 2 problems I see are:

The height. Garaging could be a problem. ( Of course, you have planned for a higher van)

Rust. A lot of the Sprinters I see around here (NE Ohio) have severe rust problems....probably from the road salt in the Winter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom