Sq. Foot / hour cleaning rate

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've been keeping up with my hourly product rates for the past year, or so, in an effort to better understand my cost of doing business per hour. My figures are approximate, but are close enough for comparison purposes. How do your figure compare?

Occupied residential carpet cleaning (note- these figures include time to prevacuum, precondition and HWE rinse. No prescrubbing.) :

Moving and cleaning under furniture - 250 to 300 sf/hour
Only cleaning open areas - 500 to 550 s.f. per hour

I have come to realize that I am slow, but I'm interested in learning just how slow compared to you younger cleaners.

TimP

I'm about the same Marty. Maybe slightly faster. I've been doing 300 when I was roto scrubbing most jobs. Now I only do it if the carpet is filthy since I'm on the lower in psf charge compared to other guys. Anyways I'd say 300-400 sq ft per hour. I'd say open rooms 550-600 by myself no furniture. With a helper and moving furniture large cgd jobs HWE I'm at 650-750 an hour. Also keep in mind I'm a lazy 29 yr old....and I mean LAZY!!! I'm sore from doing 600 bucks in cleaning yesturday......of course it was by myself so that's why.

Mike Draper

with a helper, and no moving furniture = 400sq.ft. an hour most of the time on residential. Sometimes 550 an hour when I do a basic clean.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Is this with set up and break down? I shoot for hundo an hour set up, clean, break down...

Don't know sq footage I just shoot for the hundo an hour usually better but I have taken hits!

One thing I have notice through my 3rd year in the business is I can really move! I have gotten faster, this due to all of the accessories I have purchased.

It's funny when I go to houses that i've cleaned in my first year the stains that I thought were permanent just go away!(thanks to this board) :wink:

wired

If you are making 100 to125 an hr your doing good . I charge 35 to 40 a room . Sometimes i have to bring in the rx 20 . It takes alittle more time but the end result is worth it. The cust. is very pleased and she passes on your name to other women via e mail . I do not advertise just word of mouth it has really paid off. This is the time of year you should doing very well and picking up more business,

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's from the time I turn my key off in the driveway until I crank up to leave. It's hardly possible to accurately figure out your price per hour without knowing your sf/hr production capacity and the number of sf on the job.

Unless, of course, you're pricing the job only after completion.

I wish I could get away with that.

Able 1

Name
Keith
My average room bla bla bla. Sticky tabs, high flow jets, and the 2.5 assure me that I can do some serious cleaning in better then average time!

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Marty ,very similar to you in all areas listed above...After initial set up ,times increase a 100/200 square more per hour.

Sounds like you are very thourough...Good Luck with the Might V...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We kept those records for almost 10 years. We mainly wanted to be able to know how long to plan for a job, especially repeat customers. After a year of keeping records,we further divided our tracking into group A - those who had moved a lot of the furniture out of the way before we came or simply had very little furnishings; Group B the "normal" customer and Group C the pack rats and little old ladies who crammed everything they ever owned into a few small bedrooms.

These records included several different techs including myself. They are not far off from yours.

Here is our results -

Group A 450 - 475 Sq. Ft. per hour
Group B 350 - 375 Sq. Ft. per hour
Group C 200 - 225 sq. ft. per hour

Open areas, 550 - 600 Sq. Ft. per hour

Scott Warrington

John Watson

Helen and I do about the same as you,

Helen says its cause I looks at the pictures on the walls, (Found a photo of the 78' Halibut Schooner FV Eldorado taken in So Calif. or No Mexico, This was the first boat I ran from Kodiak,Alaska to Seattle when I was a kid.)

I also saw a painting of Port Baily, Alaska in another clients home. (This is a summer only fish cannery in Kupreonif Straits) while asking about it, I found out the ladys dad was the first Master Mechanic I worked under in my apprentice years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom