Sq/ft pricing

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Curious, when you say your standard price is $____ per sq/ft, are you measuring wall-to-wall or cleanable area only?

TimP

Measure wall to wall. Takes about the same time to clean a room with furniture and without.....actually it can be much faster cleaning an empty room in which I give about a 2-4 cent discount per foot for empty rooms.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
TimP said:
Measure wall to wall. Takes about the same time to clean a room with furniture and without.....actually it can be much faster cleaning an empty room in which I give about a 2-4 cent discount per foot for empty rooms.

Exactly. I have two prices, both measured wall-to-wall. If no furniture needs to be moved or if the room is totally empty I charge a lower price per sq/ft. But I still measure wall-to-wall for both. Is that the way most out there measure? I can't imagine measuring cleanable area.

Ernie G

We measure wall to wall .50 a sq. and up for empty or t-areas. It takes time to clean around furn. and you have be careful.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I only measure the areas that I am cleaning.

With that said, I tell the customer that the measurement is an approximate Measurement. If the room is half full and I'm not moving anything then I can eyeball a little less sqft. Unless the room is crammed full of furniture I will round to what is near the entire room.
If I'm moving furniture...price goes way up.
It's a per job thing and really a per room thing.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I measure the whole room, wall to wall, and then adjust the price/sf accordingly if just cleaning t/a.
This way, at some time in the future, should they need the whole room cleaned, I have it in my computer and can easily quote it for them.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I don't measure anything most estimates given over the phone saves my time and gas.

I do have a 200sq ft. room max. but I have that in my ads so if it comes up they understand.

Do any of you guys do estimates on your websites lets say the custy enters the room sizes and you shoot them a price?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't have that option on my website...need to upgrade it one of these days.

I don't do seperate estimates unless it is a sizeable job or commercial.
I get there ready to work, give the price in writing before I start and don't raise the price unless they actually add something.

I give "ballparks" over the phone. We tell them that we need to see the place before we know for sure but we have fair prices and do great work.
I've been doing this long enough, if they give me the sqft of the entire house, I can get them a pretty close price.

Name
Bruce
Able 1 said:
I don't measure anything most estimates given over the phone saves my time and gas.

I do have a 200sq ft. room max. but I have that in my ads so if it comes up they understand.

Do any of you guys do estimates on your websites lets say the custy enters the room sizes and you shoot them a price?
We get estimate request a lot from out website. We do room pricing.

What I tell my customers (the ones who ask) is I charge for carpet cleaning , not furniture moving. If I have to move their furniture they get the bonus. If the room is empty and I don't have to move anything then I get the bonus. I expect there to be furniture of some sort in every house I clean except for the rentals I do and I do have a different price for those land lords.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom