Square Fees

Becker

Name
Becker
Are you guys whining over a couple of days before funds are deposited? How tight are you running?

I deposits checks once. Week, unless I scan them as they come in.

But in front of me is 11 checks. Dated back to the 6th.
I ran 3 credit sales. Some deposited some pending. 2 cash jobs also waiting to be deposited. And billed 1 job.

Heck. My cc sales are often deposited quicker than my check and cash payments.

Must suck to be running so tight.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
If you run square at 8 pm or earlier its in your account by midnight now

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
2 things on checks....

1 i have missed placed them before....

2 if it were my check i dont want it out there for 5 days plus the couple days to clear....

shoot thats why i love using debt....its gone like now....

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
bensurdi said:
we paid $25,000 in credit card fees for 2011!!!!!
i call bologna :p

i find it hard to believe...you're kidding right?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Derek said:
bensurdi said:

+1
3yrs in business over 900,000 in credit card transactions? what % of total sales? 4-5 million? Ivebeensold

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I would rather have them pay with credit card.. I never have time to take checks to the bank. And if I use my phone to deposit them the bank charges me, and its a slow process.. checks take a day for funds available. Square is overnight. Same amount of time. I keep missing the bank and have a stack of checks that need taken.. and we have all done this.........lost a check or misplaced it

Name
I'm Rick James
everfresh1 said:
Derek said:
bensurdi said:

+1
3yrs in business over 900,000 in credit card transactions? what % of total sales? 4-5 million? Ivebeensold

You guys stop being jealous of Ben.. he is an industry leader. Show me another 2 truck operation that can get their trucks over a million dollars per year.. maybe even 2 million per year. He cant even come back and add to the thread because he is swimming around in all that cash like Scrooge McDuck.. He set the bar.. if youre not making a million per truck per year, you ARE NOT an industry leader.

Just saying...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Credit cards are the way to go to be versatile for your customer.

A few dollars in fees etc etc.

The banks will screw you either way until you own one....Get used to it.

They use your money and charge you to do so...They give you nothing back in interest AND charge you fees for that...So you're in the hole.

While bringing in money, the least of your worries should be a little taken off the top for the convenience and security.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
floorguy said:
2 things on checks....

2 if it were my check i dont want it out there for 5 days plus the couple days to clear....

My bank is tied in with all the other local banks in my area, and I have access to funds the same day.

'Course, if they bounce.....that's another problem, but have not had any bounce for years. I'm going to look at accepting cards this week.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
bdwa said:
everfresh1 said:
Derek said:

+1

You guys stop being jealous of Ben.. he is an industry leader. Show me another 2 truck operation that can get their trucks over a million dollars per year.. maybe even 2 million per year. He cant even come back and add to the thread because he is swimming around in all that cash like Scrooge McDuck.. He set the bar.. if youre not making a million per truck per year, you ARE NOT an industry leader.

Just saying...

:lol:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
:lol:

seriously tho maybe i am wrong, i am all for anybody making good green. mighty hard to believe tho.

Mike Draper

I ran our credit card fees for last year. We were around $72,000. And we only ran our machine 250 hours. 8)

Becker

Name
Becker
joeynbgky said:
I would rather have them pay with credit card.. I never have time to take checks to the bank. And if I use my phone to deposit them the bank charges me, and its a slow process.. checks take a day for funds available. Square is overnight. Same amount of time. I keep missing the bank and have a stack of checks that need taken.. and we have all done this.........lost a check or misplaced it

All banks I have ever had accounts with have made funds available from check deposits instantly..

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
rwcarpet said:
floorguy said:
2 things on checks....

My bank is tied in with all the other local banks in my area, and I have access to funds the same day.

'Course, if they bounce.....that's another problem, but have not had any bounce for years. I'm going to look at accepting cards this week.

on #2 i meant i dont want the vendor holding it forever....

and no i dont have a huge coushin...so stfu becker shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Becker

Name
Becker
floorguy said:
rwcarpet said:
floorguy said:
2 things on checks....

on #2 i meant i dont want the vendor holding it forever....

and no i dont have a huge coushin...so stfu becker shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Checks clear in a day.. Banks do it all electronically, I agree, when I write check I like it to clear my account quickly.. But like when I write a check to Jondon because they send all the checks back east for deposit shit happens.. So now I pay via card.

Anymore, my checks are scanned for deposit same day.. cost .05 per check, oh well. Take 2 days to clear.

IMO, any real company not accepting plastic is doing a disservice to the client.

As for not having a cushion.. stick with it, and don't look back.. 2 days for funds won't kill ya..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom