Square is getting slow

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Its taking 2-3 days longer than go payment. Besides gopayment is cheaper if u enter the card manually. Go payments new app is much better and I can void it if I want right there square u cant

Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk

Billy

Name
BH
We have been using Intuit for yrs & have access to many different ways to collect payments that they offer including GpPayments which is our preferred method now for ease of use & convenience to our clients. Clients really like it also. The slider works well & is cheap to replace not to mention for bigger companies you can have 50 users on one merchant account.

Also our average charge tickets are higher than services like Square approve & fund without special consideration. My intuit account can do any amount I have ever run into due to our high limits setup from beginning.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Billy, can Intuit do recurring billing yet? When I was with them they couldn't.
A few years back.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Joey, does square have a limit as to the amount you can use? i haven't used mine yet (had it for 12-18 months now), and i wonder how big of a ticket i can put on it for the 1st time Ivebeensold

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Something about if you hit $1000.00 early on they will put a hold on the funds. You just call them and have them lift the hold.

Other credit card companies will do things like that sometimes....Especially if you don't go through the ringer first....Credit Reports and all that.

It's been a little slow for me too....but I don't use it that often....only little jobs and I really don't pay attention too much anymore. lol

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
took an extra day :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

but that was over the 4th weekend..........soooooo

When i was looking into them go payment still had a monthly fee...do they still????

Ill take my extra day and only pay % vs a monthly thing I may or may not use.....

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We average once a day at the min with square cc payments, great customer support, and as long as the payments are swiped we have no limit on transactions and weekly/monthly limits now, pretty cool. The payments take a few days to get deposited, I don't sweat it much.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
nope go payment does not have a monthly fee any more u just have to call them and tell them to change your plans. quickbooks does allow me to do reoccuring payments brian.

Billy

Name
BH
Brian R said:
Hey Billy, can Intuit do recurring billing yet? When I was with them they couldn't.
A few years back.

No not on GoPayment yet to my Knowledge.

Yes you can set up recurring on Quockbooks I think but not 100% because I never needed that feature.

joeynbgky said:
nope go payment does not have a monthly fee any more u just have to call them and tell them to change your plans. quickbooks does allow me to do reoccuring payments brian.

Joey you don't even have to call to change your processing. You can do it from your account control panel. Also you can have multiple services on if you so desire but charges will change depending on what plans you use.

I only have GoPayments on now because it is saving me $$$$s & works better for us in field. As for limits when you first app;y for most merchant accounts you request a limit you think you could need which does depend on your credit. We have always had a high limit because of our average tickets although we really don't have as many clients using cards but when they do most are Non-Quals unfortunately for us.

Square just seems to risky for me.

We had two cards this week one was appox. $750.00 earlier in the week other was 882.00 today. That would have been over limits of Square without asking for a lift in limits. We also always get deposits within 2 days

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Im up two a two grand a week with square. I like both but gopayment is quicker at depositing the money

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
Im up two a two grand a week with square. I like both but gopayment is quicker at depositing the money

I have heard if you email them they will raise limits but when I read Terms I just didn't like them. They may not really enforce the holds they have but with their terms they can. I barely have enough cards for Intuit so Ill stick with one service.

Does Square do the fancy receipt with your Logo & GPS location on it like GoPay does. I also have a client that is a processor & she said she likes the signature feature in GoPay that her software doesn't have.

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:

My GoPay cost $12.95 mthly because we process over the limit for free account.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hmmmm. I think QB does recurring billing but not recurring payments....I seem to remember looking into it but I could be wrong.

I think you have to have the credit card info to do it.

The program I have now saves it all automatically and I don't have to worry about having the info.

Again...not sure.

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
Gps yes. How do I get my logo on gopayment?

Go to your Merchant Services Account Page drop down to My Subscribed Services.

2. Under Account Click GoPayment

3. On the right side you should see a box titled Quick Links.

4. Click on Customize Receipt.

5. You will find Add Logo on this screen.

Billy

Name
BH
Brian R said:
Hmmmm. I think QB does recurring billing but not recurring payments....I seem to remember looking into it but I could be wrong.

I think you have to have the credit card info to do it.

The program I have now saves it all automatically and I don't have to worry about having the info.

Again...not sure.

OK I just checked my account & it shows I can set up a Recurring Payment using QB-2011 with Authorization from client that is. It has detailed instructions for syncing payments & setup

P.S. Also says it can be done on older QBs & seems to say you don't have to integrate with QBs at all by creating in the Merchant Service Center.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
But it's something you have to set up. They don't have payment buttons you can put on your site etc right?

Billy

Name
BH
Brian R said:
But it's something you have to set up. They don't have payment buttons you can put on your site etc right?

Sorry Not sure since I didn't read everything about it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's cool....I can check back into it. Just curious.

I'm ok with my main CC company (kinda) and I use the square for the face to face stuff...just because.

Thanks for the help.

Billy

Name
BH
Brian R said:
It's cool....I can check back into it. Just curious.

I'm ok with my main CC company (kinda) and I use the square for the face to face stuff...just because.

Thanks for the help.

No Problem I recently found out I have been a Intuit customer almost since they started which I didn't know. Intuit is always improving & they have good telephone customer service available 24 hrs.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes, I liked Intuit when I used them a few years back. They were just limited at the time. I'll have to see where they're at now.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm using too many now. lol

Where's the super duper extra cool Merchant Services that covers everything?

I really haven't looked around much in a while....and I don't mind paying a little more to have it all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom