Square vs Gopayments

Becker

Name
Becker
I've been using square since about OCT of 2010.

It has worked flawlessly for the most part.

Easy to use, clients think it is cool, funds quickly, fees are fair.
However after months of use I feel square has a lot of work to do to be professional enough for businesses to use.
Problems I have had, though minor..
I had tips enabled. By doing this it places a hold of like 40% more than the transactions for 3 days. WOW! Just turn that option off.
Sending a receipt via text or email is more of an advertisement to get more people to sign up for square than a receipt of payment.
It is a good service, but IMO I feel it is better suited to run a garage sale, just not as professional as other options.
My latest problem, I got a charge back., for a sale back on June 3rd.
Client was very happy with the job and had sent me to a neighbor.. Problem was when she got her statement you saw an odd charge. She called her bank, charge came out of CA, square... Bank said it was for farm equipment. So she disputed it and ordered a new card.
I don't like the way charges show up on clients statements.
I'm not concerned about the charge back...

But as of Friday I'm going with gopayments.
I've not used the service yet, but it is linked to my already intuit account with quickbooks. All I had to do was go into settings and flip a switch.
Now I can take payments on the spot, or use my PC. I can also use recurring payment options. receipts are customizable, and look much more professional..
Transactions will show on clients statements as Platinum Professional Carpet Cleaning.
Location maps just like square.
Fees about the same.
I've always had no limits with intuit, thought I did with square, however learned a couple of weeks ago I have a $2500 weekly limit, now square is going to hold $398.00 for 30 days for going over the $2500 limit.
Before and for most it is $1000 weekly.
Accounting will be easier.

I've also enabled a payment option for clients to pay directly to my bank account for free to them, .50 to me.

Really I'm pretty happy with square, but when it comes to a professional choice square falls behind.
Square is free so I will keep an account open with them but I'll only use it for personal use if that.

If you only do a few sales with Credit Cards square might be a decent choice, but gopayments also has a choice for you.

GoPayments also lets you set up 50 user accounts for your employees.

My 2 cents..

Square is for squares as I see it right now.

dgargan

I signed up last week. Looks like a good deal. Still waiting on the reader to arrive.

PCCN

dgargan said:
I signed up last week. Looks like a good deal. Still waiting on the reader to arrive.
Waiting on your reader? You can pick one up at your local Apple store. $9.95 and they also give you full credit back as soon as you register online. (They also mailed us a second one after registration.)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We use square everyday, both on the iPad n Droid, no issues.
No weekly limits on my account.
Bookkeeper takes care of all accounting and service monster does the rest.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Don't you have to use the online version of quickbooks to use gopayment?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Becker

Name
Becker
joey895 said:
Don't you have to use the online version of quickbooks to use gopayment?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
No.

I use qb pro.
Gopayments works with pro or permeire from what I understand. You gave the option to turn on gopayments within qb.

As I said, no real issues with square but just not as professional as I'd like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom