SS FeatherTouch valve

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you don't have one ...don't be stupid like me and wait until your POS brass one breaks...........

You will be amazed at the ease of using this.....took me 2 class rooms (finishing up 3 day cleaning of my daughters school ) before I got my self to stop squeezing it and switching to one finger and lightly easing the trigger......good price good product......

call your local green glide distributor

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I think you'll be very pleased with their longevity as well. I run 230-240 atm and I tend to trigger the wand more than most, still my SS feather touch has lasted over a year with no problems.

TimP

Mine didn't last quite a year....greenie had me change over to the brass feather touch for some reason. It works just the same. My CDS with salsa will spike to 250-260 so that may of been part of the problem. However it does take a while for it to go out, so you can get a rebuild kit in plenty of time as long as you pay attention to warning signs.

Name
Ron lippold
yea there was a problem with the ss ones i had one and it did not last for shit, Greene steped right up and sent me a new one. They are good people over there

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Glen...these boys ain't familar wit the Steam Genie ParaPlate........I been working one SEVEN years now wit NO tear down at all......

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
paraplate valves are junk

JUNK I TELL YA!!!
(their unloader valves are the best though :wink: )

I have one of the SS valves for our Ti.
Bought it from Greenie years ago.
I've never bothered to install it yet. LOL
I "hope" it's not the junk one ya'll are talking about

next time the Ti valve needs a rebuild, I'll pull it and toss the SS feather touch on

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
those that are wrong
don really know they are wrong
cuz WHY would anyone be wrong

ON PURPOSE...LARRY!

i think that you musta had something else...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
i think that you musta had something else...

I donno Pops.
my SG drag wand had a thin square valve in it.
Not only was the valve expensive to replace, but the rebuild kits were a fookin RIP OFF

steam way wands come with the "regular" Paraplate valves like found on scrub wands.
They'd start leaking from the stem in less than a month.

JUNK!!!

maybe they last longer on "luke warm" water extraction TMs but they ain't sheet on TMs that make hot water

or maybe DRIPS don't bother you and your idea of when a valve needs rebuilt is when it won't shut the flow to jets off?

that's it, huh?

say it

SAAAAYYYYY IIIITTTTT!!!!

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
"thin square valve in it".

Was it CNC machined BILLIT STAINLESS STEEL? that's what we're talkin' here....you CAN'T get bettern that!

can't!

ever!!

no way!!!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I got a bad SS valve from Joe. 2nd one worked fine. Greenie put a brass one on my new wand and it works fine. I don't see a difference between either type of valve.

G

I wonder if there is one I could put on my Prochem upholstery tool?

I had to almost completely stop doing upholstery because it causes me too much pain afterwords. If I had one of them soft valves for my upholstery tool it would change things big time!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Our rep Jerry will be up for the whole day with the big truckmount box truck with most of the machines and all the toys to play with as well as samples, give aways, raffle prizes, discounts, the whole works and we'll feed you lunch! It should be fun.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
bob vawter said:
Glen...these boys ain't familar wit the Steam Genie ParaPlate........I been working one SEVEN years now wit NO tear down at all......

yeah but the wand is an utter back breaking POS, I have never had a wand kill my back like a steam genie wand, after I would clean one room I was in pain. that wand is suitable for a boat anchor, that and the single jet hydramaster wand, the last place I worked as an employee ran both these wands, I hated every minute of it, cleaning performance was also subpar

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
"DRAG WAND"......?

WTF would anyone even be dumb enough to TRY one let alone buy it?

actually Bob, a DW is a good tool of choice for com with a roto scrub and extract rinse

I know, roto scrub is silly in BoOB's wOrLd :roll:

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I say it's here..
yous say it's there!

I say it's up..
yous say it's down.....

blah..blah blah blah......

Greenie

The FeatherTouch or soft touch, light touch etc... is a valve made by WestPak, we discovered this some time ago and really liked the light pressure required to open it, (most valves really show their carpel tunnel weakness at 650 psi).
It is offered in both SS and brass, takes the same $10 rebuild kit.

We usually send out the SS version for prochem wand users as it bolts right in, and originally sold more of the SS version as we thought it was a better valve (suppsed to be), but in all fairness I get less warranty claims from brass valve users, so we've gone back to brass for all but prochem wand guys (drilling out the holes on the wand bracket is a hassle) so an extra $10 kit is probably worth it for some.

There is not a better valve on the market for $25. Your hand will thank you.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
$25.00............????

Man a good ParaPlate will set you back at least $125.00.......but will stand the Pepsi challenge any old day...!

Greenie

All US Paraplate has been contracted out, so I'm doubtful todays valve will be the same as the pne you bought in 1969 Bob.

Rex Tyus

bob vawter said:
$25.00............????

Man a good ParaPlate will set you back at least $125.00.......but will stand the Pepsi challenge any old day...!

LMAO!! The feather touch valves i get/got from Greenglides outlast the $125 Paraplates I had on my previous wands and I run at a much higher heat and pressure setting than I did when I had the old wands. Bob you really have got to get up to speed. :wink: Experience is worthless once you stop learning.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ParaPlate is pretty much all involved in space technology...as in The Space Shuttle!

When NASA starts buying the soft touch wand valve...

let me know!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom