ss,hydra,prochem...which one

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
Well a 60 gallon tank clearly is not big enough.
HARPER said:
danielc said:
How does a hx machine that drinks water benefit a cleaner with limited fresh water supply?

THEY ALL DRINK WATER....What are you saying...??????

ps..Buy a garden hose... :idea:

Well duh... I thought you were CLEANING the carpet....not misting it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

and yes i get the whole empty with no water argument.....i still can walk 2-3 houses in any direction and ask to use the neighbors water....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bill Bruders said:
So, YOU ARE BUILDING A "PROCHEM EVEREST 650 HP"....NOW... :roll:

No Joe we are not. the 650 doesn't hold a candle to the 870. we have 25% more CFM than an everest, far more heat and the ability to provide heat at high pressure. Sapphire does not copy other designs we set the standard for others to follow. somewhat amus[/quote]

EasY........ :!:

I don't normally participate in the SS threads..."because I am NOT familiar with the units."

Same BLOWER
Same PUMP
Same 1.6 ENGINE..."but a FORD"
Same PRICE

The 870ss may have a smaller footprint.....

But the EVEREST has a "MUCH LONGER TRACK RECORD"... :idea:

"Where is ALL the PixiE dust...that makes the 870ss...SO mAjIcAl.... :?: "

IMO....the 5.9 Blower was to your ADVANTAGE...in the dual wand department... :idea:
We have both the GD 650 tri-Lobe and the 5.9 blowers..."There is a DIFFERANCE>!"

eDuMaCatE mE.....???????

410blower.jpg

Untitledvvvv.jpg

Bob Foster

What are the specs of both blowers at the SAME rpm and the SAME inchs Hg?

for 14", 15" and 16"

What RPM will this engine be running at on high?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok, so I checked th specs again. Did I miss something? Daniel is saying the SS 870 only comes with a 60 gal fresh water tank? Heck, I thought my punny 150 gal was to small. I was at least hoping for a 100 gal.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I'm not great at reading charts, so tell me if I'm looking at these results wrong, but it appears the 59 is far better cfm at lower rpm which would save on fuel and wear & tear of the engines, belts, etc. etc.

Bill mentioned that the heat exchangers on the SS 870 heated during the HP mode and that diffinately is a feature that I am very interested in, however I was real excited about the 59 blower for dual wanding, now that isn't happening. Harper (a man of experience with both blowers) says there is a substantial difference between the GD 410 and the 59 and I have to believe that he knows what he's talking about.

One of the reps at Mikey's fest told me that the PC 650 HP by passes the heat exhangers while in the HP mode and this was a big let down.

So I have come to conclude that one will never be able to find the perfect TM for the direction that he wants to take his business and not spend 100k. I will just have to spend more time researching.

What I would really like is to spend a day with someone that owns the PC 650 hp and then when some are sold a day with a SS 870.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bill Bruders said:
So, YOU ARE BUILDING A "PROCHEM EVEREST 650 HP"....NOW... :roll:

No Joe we are not. the 650 doesn't hold a candle to the 870. we have 25% more CFM than an everest, far more heat and the ability to provide heat at high pressure. Sapphire does not copy other designs we set the standard for others to follow. somewhat famous[/quote]

Mr Bruder's,

The ABOVE statement ....beFuddLes me... :roll:
First...my 650HP...doesn't have a FACTORY supplied "candle-holder"... :shock:
Is this a FACTORY option on you NEW 870 SS.... :?:

Last..BUT...not least... :!: The last sentence in your reply....Seems a little ARROGANT.. :idea:
Since your FireBreaThinG...870ss...has YET TO "HIT THE STREET"... :oops:

ps..I purchased the MACHINE....you are attempting to To bring to market...in 2001.... :shock:

6000 hrs...and still "tiCkInG"...!gotcha! Maybe we can have a "CanDlE lightInG VisUaL" with it ?

http://www.prochem.com/Upload/KCProduct ... mer805.pdf

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
tell you what...

give me a nissan motor, 59 blower, judson waste tank to sit on, and a good pump, and i would be good to go......

maybe a 6008 blower !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
In answer to the question above about who builds a dual- blower system...

We do. I designed the SplitSteam back in 2000 and demo'd it at our place in Marietta (Atlanta). It featured two over- driven #33- sized blowers and a 350,000 BTU propane burner.

It was tested at 195 CFM and 215 CFM for the Roots and Tuthill respectively, at 14 (or 15...?) inches Hg. and delivered 265 degrees with two wands running simultaneously at 600 PSI with #6 jet size.

The current model features (2) #36 or (2) #45 blowers and the same heat...

IMO, it's not how much airflow a system moves "free air", but how much it moves through a wand. The free airflow is a valuable tool and definitely shows you if there's any inefficiency in the system itself. But once a wand is connected, everything changes. And you're simply not going to get 400 or even 300 CFM through a wand.

No matter how "proven" a HX system is, it will always not be as much so as propane. Why? Because propane systems (as Les can attest to) have a head- start in our industry of some 20- plus years.

Propane is proven and "bug- free".

And, to get the kind of heat from a HX system you can get from propane (a continuous, high- flow 240 degrees, ATW), you'll easily be in the mid $20,000 range... for a single- wand system.

Dual wand... fugeddaboutit... Aerotech or Vortex pricing for that level of performance.

Chris A

Name
Chris
So it seems the Titan 875 is the only 59 equipped slide in out there now, that powerclean is gone and SS had gone with the GD 410... anyone have any reviews?

chadb

i may get laughed out of here for owning one, but I have a steamaction stealth. has 50 HP nissan motor, 59 blower, and a general emperor pump. I run dual wand every day, mostly 75-to 150 ft hose runs. i can tell a small difference in vaccuum when 2nd wand is added but its not enough to cry about. dont know how to test the cfm but both wands have plenty of suction. we do try to keep wands on the floor as much as possible to keep the system closed but is not that difficult. I am wanting to get a new system within the next year and also am looking at prochem, titan, and one of the ss. cant find any demos here in upstate south carolina, but would love to try out some different machines. im just a small carpet business in a small town but I run my machine hard all day usually 6 days a week. I need something super reliable as i cant afford down time. Like the post but would like to hear more of how pleased people are with there machines instead of the arguing on cfms.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Now as to the heat exchangers/coil issues that Beatty had, I was not taking a side in the matter I was just giving my oppion based on pictures that I saw of the coils that were so gummed up, that's all.

Blowers are not a closed loop system....so they need protection from what comes in and out of them....
we can filter them all day long but that will never stop the moister from getting threw...
and then you have to worry about any foam topping off your tank that they will pick up...or how high your water level gets in the waste tank...and the crap we are lubing the blower with at the end of the day....
never the less no matter how hard you try you will get something.....once this moister gets threw the blower exhaust is going over a set of coil fins..things start to build up...HX maintenance is as important as all the other maintenance that you do on your machines...they need to be pulled and cleaned on a regular schedule...if not..then things are just going to down hill....

every 1000 hours I pull mine out..clean the coil fins and flush it out....this is the only way to keep them at there top performance....

it is the same as the radiator on your car...the heating coils on your home furnace and the A/C unit that cools your home...they have to be kept clean for proper performance....with out the proper air flow...you get back lashing...over heating..and it can cause all kinds of un-nessuary damage...

Jimbo

So I am curious if the SS 870 is designed to fill the obvious hole in Sapphire's lineup due to absconding from Vortex owners?

Continually referring to the depth of the engineering team of any company may fall on deaf ears when the track record is carefully examined...just saying...

Jimbo

I'm really glad your tm got fixed, Jerry! You have one heck of a good distributor there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom