SS Pet Odor & Stain Treatment

Jamesh921

Name
James
The instructions say to mix 1:3, apply to affected area and then extract. But, it doesn't say how long to let it dwell. Anyone know?

I don't know what the instructions say either for dwell time. I just let it dwell for 30-40 minutes to be safe.

It does seem to do the trick at removing odor. In the end, both clients I've used this for said the urine smell is gone. But, the perfumey fragrance is soooooo strong while using that it bothers customers and myself. I think I need to find something with a more pleasing odor. I also wasn't impressed with the stain removal ability, although I don't think any product is going to be 100% effective on all urine stains.

Kernm1229

Thanks for the questions.

This product is a bioenzyme, meaning that it takes time for the enzymes to be produced and once produced, the enzymes need time to work.

Basically, the longer the product is allowed to remain in contact, the better. The optimal dwell time is an hour though if it's a warm day, the enzymes will act faster.

Appreciate the comment on the fragrance level. We had not heard that before. Happily this is an easy fix.

Finally: we do provide additional information about the products in the form of a so-called "User Guide". This is our version of a tech data sheet. User Guides appear on our website: sapphirescientific.com

Hope this helps.

Mike Kerner
Staff Chemist
Legend Brands

Ivan C.

I've been pretty pleased with the pet odor & stain treatment from SS. It smells nice, but can be strong when treating large areas. I really like the versa clean as well. Not bad as a prespray, mixed 50/50 is a pretty decent spotter, but I really love it as a rinse. I dried some on a mirror and dried with no sticky residue.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Mike -

What is the optimal temperature of water to mix this with? At what temp is the heat hurting the process?

Can this be applied post clean/extract to leave? Speaking mainly of empty rentals urine damage.

Thanks.

Kernm1229

Excellent question because there are two, opposing factors:

On one hand, most chemical reactions (and enzyme destruction of odors is a chemical reaction) run faster as temperature increases. This is part of the cleaner's "T.A.C.T." strategy. In general the speed of a chemical reaction doubles for every 18 F. in temperature.

On the other hand, enzymes can get damaged by excessive heat. They undergo a process called "denaturation" (odd word, eh?). When you cook an egg, you denature the protein in the egg. This happens somewhere around 140 to 160 F.

So after all that long winded stuff, there is your answer.

Thanks for raising the question. I'll add this to the technical service bulletin for this product.

Kernm1229

Sorry: missed your second question.

Because this is a bioenzyme based product, the more contact time you allow, the better the results. For rental units, I suggest a strategy of applying the product early on in the cleaning process, continuing the other cleaning tasks and then wet vac the treated area as a last step.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I tried it side by side with hydrorcide extreme and let work for 1/2 hour. Both did the job, now I have to run the numbers to see which is more cost effective.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Lyman said:
I tried it side by side with hydrorcide extreme and let work for 1/2 hour. Both did the job, now I have to run the numbers to see which is more cost effective.

Glad that you gave the Hydrocide Xtreme a try. But the comparison will not be apples to apples. These are two very different products in the way they work.

Hydrocide Xtreme will work much faster on odor. It works as soon as it has saturated the material is it being applied to, usually 3 or 4 minutes.

BTW - Both are available at Interlink Supply locations.

Scott W.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Re: SS Pet Odor & Stain Treatment

I bought more of this but also bought ss pet n odor treatment spotter. It says they have to be used together. Can someone explain. The directions on all their chems are. Horrible. I don't buy they won't fit on the label. Dum it down for us ccers ok

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I had directions on the bottle I was sent, also directions in the box printed on a piece of paper. One set of directions wasn't entirely clear as to whether the product needed to be rinsed after applying.

I like the scent, will be ordering more. Anything smells better than cat pee.

Did not notice any stain removal in the instances I used the product, but if it eliminates odors, thats all I really care about.

S

sam miller

It removed some lite doggy urine stains and odor I needed to use USR to pull other stains out I liked the product smelled nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom