SS Uph Pro coupler?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Some time ago the coupler on my SS uph pro tool started to leak water, the fitting threads that twist into the coupler were causing the issue, so I have not been able to use the tool. Since I don't know the tech name for this part I was wondering if anyone else would know and or have had the same issue, in which you can tell me which part number/name I need to replace this part. When I took to my local Grainger or HD, they both said they've never seen a piece like this before.

The piece I need threads into the backside of the coupler. If you have this tool, you'll know what it is. I just need the name/part #.

I can send a picture of it as well, please pm me your email, can't figure out how to post the pic.

MP-BH261-EA.jpg

Thanks,
Bill

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what am I missing??

Bill, the pic you put up looks like a regular QD to me.

if that's what's leaking at the threads, are you wrapping the mating male threads with teflon tape as you should?

edit....
I missed this part

"The piece I need threads into the backside of the coupler."

you're looking for the part the strainer goes into??
I "think" I've found them at the farm supply store with the TeeJet bodies

..L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
meAt said:
edit....
I missed this part

"The piece I need threads into the backside of the coupler."

you're looking for the part the strainer goes into??
I "think" I've found them at the farm supply store with the TeeJet bodies

..L.T.A.

Hey Larry,

Yes, the part it goes into, it has teflon on both sides, put that on there but the thread is worned as if it over tightned. I will check with the local tractor supply store if they carry it, the coupler itself is fine.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Why not contact the distributor you purchased this from since it could be under warranty or at a minimum they would have the parts or should?

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
It is a 1/4" inline strainer assembly.
You could probably just take it out temporarily
and attach the quick connect to the 1/4" nipple if you need to use it.
You would have to have some serious junk in your water
to clog up the tool without it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Bill, I did not contact the supplier first as I did not know the name of the part that's why I posted on here first.

I called my local interlink that carries the tool and they had the parts in stock, the place I bought the tool from was not local and I didn't want to wait too long for the strainer. I will contact the supplier I bought it from once I get some time since interlink also told me it should be under warranty.

Thanks

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Sorry I didn't mean to come off critical of your decision. But as a former distributor and a manufacturer answering these questions is what a distributor gets paid for. We spend a lot of money providing distributors with service and parts training and technical materials. Additionally you can always check the product support section of our website www.sapphirescientific.com for all of our product manuals which contain exploded views of our products with part names and part numbers.
Thanks for purchasing our product

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom