Staff Meetings

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
How many of you do staff meetings.... regular?

I've just started them a month ago and they are going great. There's only three of us full time. 2 techs and an office/admin lady. The problem I had for so long was I'd be seen to be picking on them both with such a small meeting.

Instead, I gave each an area of responsibility to bring to the staff meeting and to date, it's worked out great.

We have a fairly basic format.

Company news
This also often includes a brief recap on last week with updates on orders, repairs, feedback etc.

Office
Karla is responsible for this and can ask us for additional notes for files/query jobs or anything that may not make sense in our file notes.

Equipment/Chemical
Jesse is responsible for this area and he brings to the table any repairs that are in order, chems that need ordering etc etc.

Weekend Update
Either Jesse or I update both the others on what happened with claims we worked on or came in over the weekend so we're all up to speed.

Sales
I normally quickly update everyone regarding current sales for the month, compared to sales forecast and also year to date.

Finally anyone can bring up feedback.
This is either positive or negative regarding any part of the business. This allows us discuss pros or cons and think of ways to implement a better service or correct a problem.

I'd love some feedback from others that also do staff meetings. I believe it needs to be done weekly. It varies in time from 10 minutes to 1/2 hour.

John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have two planned every week, a supervisor meeting and a marketing meeting every Friday.

But it's not uncommon to have 2-3 meetings a day.

Job progression, formulating a drying plans, pricing for an estimate, making purchasing decisions, personnel issues. It's always something!

Meetings definitely help to keep things going in the direction you want them to go.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Yeah, but some people are always looking for ways of looking like they are working without actually having to do any work... I guess if you can 'talk' about work all day, it looks more convincing aye Richard :oops: :lol:

John :p

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well seeing that I have received emails from Richard while he was in meetings I have to think maybe the meetings were a little boring.

A great book on meetings (gosh what could be more boring than a book on meetings)

Death by Meeting Patrick Lencioni.

I would recommend any of his books especially the 3 Signs of a Miserable Job.
I have listened to them on audio and he does a great job.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They can't tell what I'm doing if I'm taking notes, working on something or going back and forth with Bill over how my Bears beat his Colts!

Okay, they've busted me a couple of times, recently when Bill made me laugh out loud! :oops:

:lol:

The meetings are an excellent way to train, let each person take part. Each person has something they can show the group. Also its a good time to work on the moral of the team. Make them feel they are an important part of the success of the company. Buy donuts,make it fun. Ron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom