stain magic

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I have once again left a bleech spot using stain magic for wool on a wool rug. It wasnt anything fancy, just a white wool rug that had a pee stain on a few small spots. Both stain magic and cti's ink out have left more damage than good in my experience. Anyone else run into the same issue? The reducers always work better for me and their gels are awesome.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Any time you use an oxidizer on wool, there is a risk of color loss involved.
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that Stain Magic for wool is a milder oxidizer and a buffer to control the alkalinity (no Ammonia booster for wool.)

However, it is still an oxidizer so it is risky, especially in light colored open field areas.

The same goes for ink remover or any other solvent, it can quite easily and commonly does, lighten the area where used, particularly (yet not limited to) light open field areas.

Name
R.J. Povio
I have not had that problem once yet. Ive used SM for wool and for synthetic carpets too. Ive been really impressed with the results! Todd from CTI talks me through what I should try to remove spots that do not clean/rinse out. If I get impressed with a product that is saying alot! There are products out there that do not work that well. CTI has the right stuff!

Ive been having custys call me back when I used SM on spots that dont rinse/wash out. They all say either it looks way better or that the stains are gone. Never have had a custy say that it looks worse or that it bleached the color of the carpet out.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
sweendogg said:
Certain drier and chemcaalybwashbwools tend to respondbrhe worse to oxidizerbtreatments.

Am I just tired? Does this make sense to everyone else?

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
RJ..like a pee stain on wool you just spray the sm on? I talk to Todd all the time also, nice guy. The red relief works well too..but I have had problems with the sm..especially on natural fiber. the ink out will even discolor microfiber..
I am just basically done with that kind of stuff..thank God the rug was white and I fixed it.

Name
R.J. Povio
Jarred,

Ive used the SM for wool on pee on wool carpets. It did not discolor the wool, however its effectiveness on wool vs. synthetic is not as good. SM seems to work better (probably because someone said that its more potent) on synthetic carpets than wool. I do not use CTI's ink remover. I just use Fab Pros paint, oil and tar remover. I have never had color loss from using that.

Todd told me to use very little heat in conjunction with Stain Magic after using ink remover and no more ink would rinse out or come off on a rag on a microfiber sofa. I doubled up a damp white towel and srayed the SM on the ink spot and twice really quick hit it with the iron. Gone!!! I couldnt believe my eyes. Todd said that if you do that and the ink spot starts to turn yellow to stop and tell the custy that the spot is permanent. I did the same thing too on a nylon plush carpet with an ink spot. The carpet did fade very little, but the spot mostly came out and any discoloration was not noticeable. The custy was amazed.

If you havent had good luck for whatever reason, don't use it. Ultimately the stain in the carpet/furniture is the custys problem. If you feel you are in turn making it your problem by trying to be the hero, then just simply tell the custy that the spot/stain doesn't come out.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
thanks..I totally prep the custy before i even bring my equipment in the house..they understand that not everything will come out and once they are good with that, then i start. That way if i get stuff out, i look like a hero..if not its all good. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom