Stain Removal Question

breathe72

A property management company here is "trying us out" tomorrow, on an empty home.

Could mean alot more business for us.

They are specifically concerned with a stain in one of the spare bedrooms, said it was an "
Old English" stain.

not the Old English malt liquor.

The other stuff. The wood stain.

Anyone ever encounter this? Whats the fix? Which product?

Thanks.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Dry side first. VDS, NVDS, VDS.

Wet side, test a small area first with a good tannin spotter and a ink spotter.

Don't be afraid to use a little steam to accelerate the results. If at any stage you get some results, keeping going till they stop.

If the above fail then I'd move onto something like H202 or Steve Smith's Red vanish.

Again, it might be prudent to do two small test areas to see if either is better at removing that type of stain.

If they have access to the tin (not likely in a rental situation) see if it's mainly natural or artifical.

If natural, go with the Tannin and then the H202. If artifical, go with the ink and then the red vanish.

That sounds like a lot of work, but I guarantee you that you could effectively get through that in probably 20 minutes unless you are having success but it's slow. Of course, it depends how big it is too.

John

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Honestly? A Patch might be the easist,fastest and most cost effective way to fix it. Without knowing what has been tried to take it out, and I am pretty sure someone tried something. I would be hesitant to think it would even come out.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I agree with John. I would find out how many people have tried to remove it. Chances are some hack tried something he shouldn't have and set it. A patch might be the most cost effective for you.

Rex Tyus

Agreed. The "Old English" stain is possibly the oil with the furniture stain additive. We all know how fun furniture stains are. Even when you are the first to attempt removal. Patch it and be done with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom