stain removal

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Do yo guys charge people for a stain that you cant get out? Like in the pre inspec, you charge for like Gatorade or something..and then it doesn't come all the way out.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
If homeowner hasn't messed with the spot then Stain Magic or Red Relieve+iron will get the stain out (most of the time), since this requires additional time & labor then extra charge is warranted.

Are you using Stain Magic or Red Relief type of products?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Jim Nazarian said:
If homeowner hasn't messed with the spot then Stain Magic or Red Relieve+iron will get the stain out (most of the time), since this requires additional time & labor then extra charge is warranted.

Before I knew about stain magic or red relief I use to have to make the excuse that it just wouldn't come out.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jim Nazarian said:

Using an iron is so 1980s.

Get this instead: http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-DECKER-STEAMW ... 2eb3273dcf

Easier, Can't burn, No towel needed, set and clean an other room, Buy several and take care of multiple spots in multiple rooms or while you set up.

Then you will really see some stain magic!!

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I use CTI products..lets not get crazy..they dont get everything out. Example..I had a wool blue and grey flatweave rug that a child puked orange Gatorade on..it didnt come all the way out. I use stain magic..red relief..etc. I got a whole arsenal..I just wanna know what you guys do if it doesn't come out..then you don't charge right? Meaning..you are getting paid for results and not effort.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do not promise 100% removal on all stains. So I charge for trying. I do not know what they did to try to get the stain out.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
lust1kiddo said:
Example..I had a wool blue and grey flatweave rug that a child puked orange Gatorade on..it didnt come all the way out. I use stain magic..red relief..etc. I got a whole arsenal..

Maybe you actually did remove the stain, but damaged the wool with your "whole arsenal" of stuff that is not to be used on wool. (Red relief, Stain Magic etc..)

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Your probably not going to be able to charge for the "bleach" stain those products caused on wool.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
lust1kiddo said:
i used red relief for wool and was careful...no bleech stains. what are you clowns talking about?

From the way you wrote the post i looks like you used the whole arsenal.

I personally would never use an iron . Especially on wool.

If it doesn't come out atleast 95% I don't charge for the removal.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Hey folks, Jarred probably touches more rugs and fine fabrics than most of us would each year, granted he is learning, but his location forces him into high end cleaning.

And on natural fibers and manmade, there are alot of stains that are so old and oxidized that nothing is getting them out.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
that is true..i am lucky if i bust out the wand ( cleaning ) like once every two months. I 95% clean rugs and upholstery. I told the client that because of the acids in the child's stomach when she puked caused the stain to be more severe and therefore could not come out all the way. The stain was two or three days old.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I got a whole arsenal..I just wanna know what you guys do if it doesn't come out..then you don't charge right? Meaning..you are getting paid for results and not effort.
We charge for the effort not the result and we tell them this prior to the appointment.

We will do everything we can within our professional abilities to remove the spot, but ultimately if there is a remaining stain, it's theirs, not ours.

We didn't put it in and we cannot guarantee we will be able to get it out, but we still have to account for the labor it took to attempt to remove it.

Some fibers, generally the natural fibers are going to be more difficult to remove some spots from, regardless of the cost of the fabric.

Jared, get paid for your work, whether it shows the effort you put forth or not! 8)

gavin

I charge for effort, unless it doesn't look any better. If it looks just as bad when i am finished as when I started, I can't look into a customers face and ask for money.

doesn't happen often but it has occurred.

S

sam miller

Does the UV activator light from cti work on wool with stain magic for wool????

And if you have a minimum to clean and disenfect the rug from puke charge for that, adding extra for the stain removal if it doesnt budge than use Your discretion to waive the stain removal fee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom