Stained and sealed concrete

Trevorschultz

Name
Trevor Schultz
Do you have to burnish concrete after sealing? Also, is it necessary to completely strip the sealer off once a year and re apply?

Name
cameron demille
Sealing with what? You either use a guard after polishing, which gets burnished, or an impregnating sealer. Typically you would buff afterwards to remove any residue. I just did my garage this past weekend and sealed with an impregnator, no topical.

No finished pics yet because I had to move all my stuff back in with rain coming, but here is what the sealer does.

PROSOCO SLX 100
cM9XsxZ.jpg

Here is one I did with a guard that got burnished.

vEv2VUH.jpg

Trevorschultz

Name
Trevor Schultz
I'm unfamiliar with the whole process but I thought you essentially cleaned the floors with either a tile spinner or vlm method and then applied a sealer. A local liquor store wants a bid. Right now they have Great Floors doing the work and they said that every 3 months they clean, seal and then burnish. Then once a year they strip it bare and do a seal and burnish. Apparently the last time they did it no burnishing happened and the manager said 2 days later the floors looked like they had never even been done so they came back and did them again and burnished. The floors still don't look great to me

Name
cameron demille
they must be using a guard of some sort then. Burnishing sets, or cures the guard and makes it a lot more durable than if you were to just apply it and leave it alone.

Not something you want to do without a little practice

Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom