Stair cleaning vid

Mikey P

Administrator
Good grief..

Where do I start?

First off, I'll see to it that Waldo makes you number 2 on his upcoming list.

Ron you are a mad man, I hope you get at the very minimum $95 dollars to do a staircase like that. Personally I charge $150 to clean at that level..

Do you do all those steps on EVERY stair case or are you just showing your premium package in action ?
Why do you apply the prespray from above?

For even more perceived but useless value you could hand dry with a virgin Terje Towel followed by a tilted Airpath.
I could be wrong but it looked like you forgot to groom the riser.

I personally like take off the first two steps (if mounted singly) and vacuum them from behind as well to dislodge any embedded sand/soil, then reinstall.
I would suggest you do so as well if you plan to stay #2 on the Waldo List.

Mikey P

Administrator
btw ..

That was 13 times more entertaining than that stupid rug doctor video. Can you set up Pink Floyd's Money as some background music?

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
That was a nice video. A few things I might reccomend:
1. Buy a hand held turbine vacuum from Jon Don for your pre vacuum step (Rug Rat)... ( way easier on back, better vac, gets nose better) $36.52
2. Pre spray more uniformly... end result is more consistant
3. 2 vacuum passes on everything
4. Groom riser on the way up the stairs, and groom the tread on the way down.

Just my opinion, no criticism intended.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I only vac the noses like that if they are REALLY soiled. Most times the vacuum gets it. The rest is std procedure, except the final grooming. I save that for the deluxe when I apply protectant.

$5/stair

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Also standing on that side of the wand...you need to be going left to right........much easier to pull back TOWARDS you than away from you......

doesn't anyone get that?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Great Video.
If that's you Ron, very pro looking uniform.

Was there a glide on that stairtool? I didn't look hard enough.

Greenie

Like you didn't see this coming....a Hybrid glide on that stair tool would make those extra bullnose steps unnecessary, also where is your stairhook or SuperStrap belt to hold the hose, much easier as well. I like the stair tool though, I'd just slow down a bit, speed kills, funny saying that to the World famous Turtle.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Nice video, much more accurate than Gorgeous George's.

Maybe you should market those videos to sell?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Ron, do you think spending all that extra time really makes a visible difference? I am not being a jerk, really a honest question.

I charge the same per stair but do not do all what you do and I find they always come out great.

I agree with Greenie, that a hybrid glide is the best for stair cleaning. With it, I feel I do not need extra agitation, just give it lot's of dwell time. However, even with the glide, I still need to do a dry pass on the nose with the vac hose.

I use the swivel tool and I like it, but feel the 1.5" tube really chokes the air flow. Greenie's stair tool is first on my list to get for next year! I wish it came out a months earlier before I bought the swivel.

gasaxe

ODIN said:
I'm sorry Rons cleaning is such a waste of time the way he does it

If I had to work with Ron I WOULD HAVE TO KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a tool :roll:

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
1st ,ditto on the turbo tool,either the tm version or hand held smaller commercial vacuum version...

2nd ,the pre spray should be crisp and uniform in the spraying process...

3rd ,for agitation a simple handigroom would suffice on a soil level such as that...

4th ,I prefer a smaller hand held tool such as the pro chem uph tool,you can get your stair noses better,whilst achieving a better moisture recovery...

5th ,this is a quirk of mine but it is better to modify a hose hanger and straddle your hose whilst the weight is being held by the hose hanger on the rear or your pants belt loop and or your belt.Why have soiled solution have to fight gravity when you can have it work for you...

6th ,here is were I like a patton fan you can either force dry from the top or bottom of the staircase .If pointed down whilst you go from top to bottom.You also effecitvely cool yourself whilst working...

7th ,you should show the grooming of the pile afterwards.

8th ,the last seen should show the finished groomed look.

Now this is what I would do.But your finished product is very nice.Would I have you work for us or a relative...Absolutley...

The uniform and tech belt and use of a glove.Portray you as a consumate professional.

Now when you show a video and or picture.There are always nit pickers.An I am not trying to be one. Just expressing the views from moi.

The video should be great asset to the website and for sales.Items like this show why the client should pick you.For those steps I agree with Mikeys Price...But anything around 75 or up.Should be a ballpark figure.

An I thank
You for the picture an the ability to comment...Sincerly -Caesar

An Al Sims has compitition for number 2 now...lol...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
ODIN said:
I'm sorry Rons cleaning is such a waste of time the way he does it

If I had to work with Ron I WOULD HAVE TO KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ODIN said:
well FOOK YOU IN THE ASS with a stair tool

to watch Ron clean with his total ineffecent methods using tools like an uprite vacuum cleaner and a sebo floor scrubber is a TOTAL JOKE on stairs

you can do a much better job using micro fiber towels and small hand bonnet for pre agitation

Bill Soukoreff said:
Ron, do you think spending all that extra time really makes a visible difference? I am not being a jerk, really a honest question.

AMEN!! There becomes a point where you are wasting your time. I'm beginning to think Ron wants to be the next JP, HP.......? Stab me in the head now. PLEASE!!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Why did I prespray from above?Because I had just finished prespraying the living room. I didnt forget to groom the riser, I just didn't do it.
captaincarpet said:
1. Buy a hand held turbine vacuum from Jon Don for your pre vacuum step (Rug Rat)... ( way easier on back, better vac, gets nose better) $36.522. Pre spray more uniformly... end result is more consistant
Rug Rat sounds like a good attachment for the Cleartrak.  ThanksI usually do prespray more evenly, but when I'm grooming, I just make sure I get lots on there and esp on the nose.
bob vawter said:
Also standing on that side of the wand...you need to be going left to right
I stand to the left of the wand. Thought R to L was the norm.
Brian Robison said:
Great Video.If that's you Ron, very pro looking uniform.Was there a glide on that stairtool? I didn't look hard enough.
Yup, tis me. and Thanks.  No glide on that tool. That tool has to be at least 20 yrs old. The lips are smoother than a .... well, pick something.  Its quite easy to move and sucks up anything that isn't supposed to be there.
Greenie said:
Like you didn't see this coming....a Hybrid glide on that stair tool would make those extra bullnose steps unnecessary, also where is your stairhook or SuperStrap belt to hold the hose, much easier as well. I like the stair tool though, I'd just slow down a bit, speed kills, funny saying that to the World famous Turtle.
Maybe I'll have to try the glide for it.The staircase is a 6 up/6 down split. No need for a hook.  As for the Superstrap, I have it, just haven't gotten used to it yet.For all those other comments about hanging the hose off hooks on my pants etc, again, it was only 6 stairs up, not much pull on the hose.  I started putting the hose over my shoulder because the old hose would crimp and break under the tension. By having it over my shoulder, I keep it straight to the tool with a more gentle bend.
Bill Soukoreff said:
Ron, do you think spending all that extra time really makes a visible difference? I charge the same per stair but do not do all what you do and I find they always come out great. but feel the 1.5" tube really chokes the air flow.
I don't know if it makes a visible difference.  I only clean them this way so I have nothing to compare to.  Good thing I don't work for Odin!!  :roll: That tool is 11/2" and it just screams with airflow.  I wear earplugs when working with it.  Stairs are almost dry to the touch when I'm done.
Caesar said:
3rd ,for agitation a simple handigroom would suffice on a soil level such as that...4th ,I prefer a smaller hand held tool such as the pro chem uph tool,you can get your stair noses better,whilst achieving a better moisture recovery
I used to have the grooming brush, but use the Sebo now and one brush for grooming after cleaning .  I find the Sebo really gets the nose loosened up mush easier than a brush.
I like the longer tool, has its disadvantages, but it allows me to stand up, keep my back straighter. As for moisture recovery, you'd be hard pressed to recover more than that tool. Leaves it almost dry.
Doug Cox said:
ODIN said:
I'm sorry Rons cleaning is such a waste of time the way he does itto watch Ron clean with his total ineffecent methods using tools like an uprite vacuum cleaner and a sebo floor scrubber is a TOTAL JOKE on stairs
AMEN!! There becomes a point where you are wasting your time.
Well, gee.  As a "professional" cleaner, I've read that its my job to remove the soil from the carpet.  That's why I'm here, to learn from the best.  Haven't seen many vids showing any other way of cleaning stairs.  I'll watch with anticipation to see Odin's vid, love to see more efficiency!

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Ron do you get sexually aroused when you clean?

Spending so much time to clean makes me wonder if there is a sexual obsession that maybe dates back to your childhood. A time where maybe you caught a glimpse of your mom and one of those old coupon shampooers making those same sorts of movements.

Greenie

Bill Soukoreff said:
I agree with Greenie, that a hybrid glide is the best for stair cleaning. With it, I feel I do not need extra agitation, just give it lot's of dwell time. However, even with the glide, I still need to do a dry pass on the nose with the vac hose.

I use the swivel tool and I like it, but feel the 1.5" tube really chokes the air flow. Greenie's stair tool is first on my list to get for next year! I wish it came out a months earlier before I bought the swivel.

Just for the record:
The Swivel PMF tool has an inside diameter of 1"
(yes you read that right, 1") pull it apart and look.

The tool Ron was using is the PMF straight pipe 40" tool, it's a 1.5" tool, it has excellent air flow.

The 2" Greenhorn stairtool is made partly by PMF, it is based off of that design, the addition of a 2" tube Screams with airflow.
I would want a 2" tool on an elec. truckmount, you would say goodbye to the extra step of cuffing the noses dry, it's not even a mild concern on a #4 blower for sure, size does matter on tools. :wink:

Fred Homan

Greenie, I love my "Greenhorn" stair tool from you! It is the best! :D
Even my wife likes it! :D

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Greenie said:
Bill Soukoreff said:

Just for the record:
The Swivel PMF tool has an inside diameter of 1"
(yes you read that right, 1") pull it apart and look.

The tool Ron was using is the PMF straight pipe 40" tool, it's a 1.5" tool, it has excellent air flow.

The 2" Greenhorn stairtool is made partly by PMF, it is based off of that design, the addition of a 2" tube Screams with airflow.
I would want a 2" tool on an elec. truckmount, you would say goodbye to the extra step of cuffing the noses dry, it's not even a mild concern on a #4 blower for sure, size does matter on tools. :wink:

No wonder there is such a huge difference! I am using the Greenhorn 14" whenever I can on stairs, since it leaves them way drier than the swivel tool. Anyone want to buy a slightly used swivel tool? :)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Fred.

Anyone in the Sacramento area have one that I can look at...
I'm a picky M'r F'r. :mrgreen:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
If you can't push and pull a stair tool without a "Glide" you need to find another line of work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom