Stair Tool

americlean

Can someone recommend a good, quality, affordable stair tool. I have been using my upholstery tool for way to long.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Go into your distributor and ask them to let you take 3 or 4 of them out to try. I can never guess which one someone will end up buying when they are getting one for ther first time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Stay away from that POS swivel .it is a huge waste of money ..I used mine 4 times.....and after the first job they had to send me a new valve..I used it twice and it started leaking again..not to mention the cheap ass design sprays water all over the place.....So I sent the entire wand back ...They call and think I am some stupid cleaner and try to feed me this line of crap ...so it is supposed to be fixed and on its way...So..apparently we will have to do this the hard way and there reputation is not as important as a few hundred dollars..we will see......

Save yourself a lot of headaches and just call Greenie and have a good dependable wand......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
what Jim Martin said

Save yourself a lot of headaches and just call Greenie and have a good dependable wand......

I concur.

Greenie has a 2" stair tool that I believe I may be buying. My stair tool is ok for now so no real need to buy but that's the direction I would go in.
Greenie has not steered me wrong ever.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Jim Martin said:
Stay away from that POS swivel .it is a huge waste of money ..I used mine 4 times.....and after the first job they had to send me a new valve..I used it twice and it started leaking again..not to mention the cheap ass design sprays water all over the place.....So I sent the entire wand back ...They call and think I am some stupid cleaner and try to feed me this line of crap ...so it is supposed to be fixed and on its way...So..apparently we will have to do this the hard way and there reputation is not as important as a few hundred dollars..we will see......

I agree. My swivel chokes the airflow big time. Buy the greenhorn stair tool from greenglides and get the best.

Ernie G

We got a stair tool from Greenie a couple of months ago & my techs are fighting over it, so I guess I will have to buy two more.

I won the greenhorn stair tool in a contest and would buy another in a heartbeat! Liked it so much I ordered a Greenhorn wand. Got it Saturday, used it today for the first time, and that thing kicks ass too! Call him up! It's 1-866-GET-TEFLON. Worth every penny!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
he asked for an "affordable" stair tool.
We have a Greenie stair tool.
Cody loves it, Shane is indifferent and I wish it was 10" shorter
and I HATE steel lines from valve to jet manifold
It's a quality tool, but i wouldn't call it "affordable"

here an "affordable" professional tool, Dude.
i can attest to the quality.
It's a great value for the money

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carpet-cleaning-20- ... dZViewItem

...L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
affordable............is subjective..........you can waste your money more then once like I have or buy a good one that will give you years of better service............

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
opps, Here's the tool you need if you run 2" hose to the wand

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carpet-Cleaning-22- ... dZViewItem

BTW, Jim, I have this tool.
It's made as solid as any tool made.
and believe it or not, fit and finish is better than the F&F on our Greenie tool.
Maybe those little Chinese boys and girls that pound them out care more about their work than the $10 dollar an hour workers at PMF

...L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I notice that you's guys lik the FIXED jet idea.....WHY?

Other than turning the jets (tighten or loosen) there is NO adjustment.......but then.....what do I know...i'm jus the old coot in the corner!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
If you TIG welded a 1/8" X 1/2" SS rod to the tube and THEN tiged a SS 1/8" TEE and THEN TWO 90 degree elbows to each inlet of the TEE...THEN put your jets on....

You would have infinite control of your jet spray...

Right Shawn.....?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Is that just a jabroney-prochem stair tool Meat? Btw I have the Prochem and like it, its lasted for years

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I agree that the PMF swivel tool is junk. I do however like the non swivel closed jet version. It's been pretty good to me so far.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
c_adkins said:
Is that just a jabroney-prochem stair tool Meat? Btw I have the Prochem and like it, its lasted for years

I've only seen one "for sure" Prochem ST, Chris.

from what i recall, it's the same tool.
no chit, it's every bit as high quality as the PC tool

the only difference i can tell is this tool comes with a "K" valve.
Which i have no problem with.
We used K valves on our wands years ago and had no problems with them.
and they're a CINCH to rebuild cause you don't have to remove them from the holder like the Ti wand valve

and personally, "I" prefer this stair tool to the longer stair tools available.
I also prefer to have a grab bar handle.

others may not, and i can dig that

..L.T.A.

John Watson

I have the head off a pro chem quad that I am going to turn in to a stair tool. Helen said she ain't touching it. She likes her glided pro chem stair tool, I told her we would put a Hybred glide on this new one also

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
c_adkins said:

I've only seen one "for sure" Prochem ST, Chris.

from what i recall, it's the same tool.
no chit, it's every bit as high quality as the PC tool

the only difference i can tell is this tool comes with a "K" valve.
Which i have no problem with.
We used K valves on our wands years ago and had no problems with them.
and they're a CINCH to rebuild cause you don't have to remove them from the holder like the Ti wand valve

and personally, "I" prefer this stair tool to the longer stair tools available.
I also prefer to have a grab bar handle.

others may not, and i can dig that

..L.T.A.

Cool. I haven't tried a longer one, but doing risers does suck with the PC, I find myself coming down a set of steps with the Ti upside down doing the risers, then going back and doing the treads with the ST

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom