Staircase Installation

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
John,

my understanding on that is that it refers to the manufacturing style. The carpet is woven with two backings with their faces together (face to face) and then split.

Harry may be able to confirm that or elaborate further.

John

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Face to Face Wilton

A face to face Wilton . It consist of 2 backings be weaved together at the same time. They are linked together by the face yarn. Than it is slice in 2 form as a cut pile carpet. So when slicing the 2 in half . Imagine 1 thick slice of bread. You slice it down the center. Well what we have when we are done is 2 pieces of material but mirror imaged. You can only use the 1 side for the job you are working with. The other half is for another job. A face to face Wilton weave is constructed through the back obviously. It can also be only in the form of cut pile. This means if it has loops it is not a face to face Wilton.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Harry, does it necessarily mean that all cut pile wiltons are face to face?

I'm yet to see a wilton. I do clean quite a few axminsters but yet to see a wilton in person.

Cheers, John

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
John how about a little segment on some woven goods it will be in woven topics. Once I have time I will be glad to put them up.

John Watson

Hit me over the head with a dead chicken, Thanks for the explanation, and yes I knew what it was, just had a massive brain fart. It is also one of the questions on the IICRC Rug class.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Tony . In the 1st photo and the 3rd. This is the interesting thing about these step. They are all done by scribing out. They could not be done by using a square . Why? the step is round and not square . When doing these steps as I do so much. The middle portion where the bend is extreme. They are actually bigger than some of the other step. Yet they still maintain consistency. Also there is another step that changes more or less for the straightness. This would be the 6th from the bottom although it looks the same . It sure is not. Also leading to the bottom. This was a job the woman has a friend with these steps. She hates them. This is my everyday day. Yet another customer that is extremely satisfied.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I wonder if Harry's customers are part of the "special" horsey set? :)

35jun11-chicks-and-their-hats.jpg

John here is a good site on different types of rug looms.

http://www.cholleton.com/en/carpet_manufacturing_processes.php

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I have a phenominal selection of staircase piccies. You like that ? Middleton hah. Are you interested. Also I have a ton of Area rugs would you like to see the fabrication process of a woven velvet. hopefully there will be no problems wit hit but you never know.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
This is a test for my new scanner. Any way the picture in the left is a nourisan area rug . I put together the borders and used seam tape on that one. The stairs in the middle . It is a hand sewed Axminster , bordered with a single frame wilton border. These steps on the botton 3 are hand sewed along the nose . Reason being the step is rounded and will not form without minipulation, In the form of sewing . The bottom left is a wilton bordered rug customized to take shape of the rounded step.
scan0001.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom