Stairs were left too wet. Now a musty smell throughout apt.

hanks75

Stairs were cleaned 4 days ago. Technician over wet stairs and now a musty smell throughout the apt. How should i get rid of the odor. Could the padding be ruin?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If it smells like monkey balls it’s still wet. I would hit the carpet with antimicrobial and leave an air mover.

-JB-

Name
JB
Make sure there is good air movment, also, as I understand you guys much like the rest of us are under a cold snap right now, so have the tenneant open a window.... just a crack.... to let the humidity escape to the cooler drier air outside, also be sure the heat is up at least 70 degrees or more.

micro-ban clean carpet sanitizer also will aid in an immediate correction to the odor issue, but if it's still stinkin it's still wet, get 'er dry.

Name
I'm Rick James
That happens to me when I leave my laundry in the washer to long. I just re wash using soap and the smell is gone.

R

rotovacguy

ACE said:
If it smells like monkey balls it’s still wet. I would hit the carpet with antimicrobial and leave an air mover.

Just exactly how DO you know what monkey balls smell like, Mike?...... :p

I had a similar situation last year at an apartment complex. I told the manager he needed to leave the front and rear doors open just enough to allow cross ventilation to rid the humidity.

Needless to say, he didn't listen, and calls me the next day saying how the place smells musty. I told him to open the doors for a few hours and it should be fine. He calls the next day and said the smell is gone. Seeing that you are in Florida, how about cranking the central air? If the unit has it, that will wipe out the humidity in no time. Put a few air movers down, along with either the windows open, or central air on, and it should be fine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
hanks75 said:
How should i get rid of the odor.

what the others said....get it dry.
after 4 days though, I'd microban it, re-clean and MAKE SURE it gets dry in less than 24 hours

Could the padding be ruin?

probably not

Microban spray fairly heavy and re-clean ....AND get it dry, you should be cool then

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
The important thing is take care of it now and not later. You dont want people to start complaining you got them ill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom