Stand Alone Padder

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I hope Anthony Reyes makes it. He would be in a better situation if he started out with a TM. When you are first starting out you dont get to pick and choose your jobs. You are hungry and you tackle anything. Most of the time a pad machine wont cut it. The Low Moisture freaks gave this guy some bad advice. If I had a old TM that was working I would give it to him. Its his only chance of making it. Someone here needs to donate him a TM.

Golden Boy

Reactions: SamIam

RickL

Waldo I agree I'd hate to see him fail and to build Cheerleaders (we've all got to have) he needs to be more than a 1 process O/O

John G

LOL, one method for 33 years and still doing very well.

Waldo, you need to learn how to use that thing.

John G

Funny you might mention that Mikey, that is your reasoning behind there being so many HWE hacks, but you don't give the same credence to the VLM crowd?

Mikey P

Administrator
Ya know John,

I would be willing to give you your own room here to discus all the complexity's and idiosyncrasy's of running a OP machine.

IF you can convince me that there is more to it then just knowing when to stop scrubbing to avoid blooming.

I truly want to know what it is to be a Master of OP.

And please take your best guess as to why poor Anthony has yet to become a Jedi of the Jiggler?

Reactions: Giorgio

Farenheit251

Most of us know that the quality of the cleaning is a very small part of being successful. Sure you need to be average or a little better. After that it is more about hustling,selling and personality.

GRHeacock

I gotta agree with Brian-

A rookie with any system is not going to be as good as an expert with that same system.

Then, learning to be effective with the cleaning system at the same time as building the business, learning the different types of material you have to deal with, etc ain't easy.

I tried 3 times to have my own business, only to have them fail for one reason or another, that's why I spent some 20 years working for other companies- learning all the while how to do it better.

I have known several guys who started their business, but it failed for various reasons.

Sometimes you do get lucky, and have all of your ducks in a row, and your business takes off, and you do well, and that's fine, and good luck to these people.

And not everybody is cut out to be an entrepreneur, some are better off being an employee.

Gary

John G

That is why I put up Padderland Mikey.

It has worked out real well for the people who want to master the padding method.

In a few months Tipblooming, (by amatures) will be a thing of the past.

The is NO reason for tipblooming unless you are not paying attention to what you are doing, similarly to no excuse for FLOODING a carpet with HWE.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
John, I always wondered why your machines don't come with some kind of training video. If there is more to cleaning with op then it appears, I would think that it would only give the system more credibility with the hwe folks. I believe myself to be fairly open minded but still leave op for office environments. Lately I've been thinking about using it occasionally on poly residential carpet. It seems to take the aggressive action of some machines a little better then nylon.

Albert

F

FB7777

I think Waldo is making an interesting argument.

John G. I believe you would have had great success no matter what method you used because of your personality and work ethic.

I remember the early days and I took on a lot of rat nasty work, got marginal results with my Bane clene units and kept plugging.

In a new business there are so many factors to become successful, having a TM in many people's opinion, is the best tool and will ultimately allow a new company the ability to focus on the other tasks of growing the business.

G

Like the rest of you, I've watched and read Anthony's posts right from the very beginning. Although I agree that he'd be better off if he started with a TM, take the HWE vs OP out of it, and starting with OP is like starting with a portable. He's new, but he's full of ambition. I'd love to see the guy make it. In time he'll be confident in his pricing, get a TM and lose the helper.

Just from reading his posts though, I think that he likes to spend money on chems and other miscellaneous 'stuff'. In one post he said he had a garage full of chems. He's a distributors dream O/O.

Hold on to that cash Anthony winters in the NE can get brutal, snow, endless rain, etc.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I have used both in my business and have had great success with it
If there is one thing I have learned in the past 17 years is it
is good to be versatile

BEST OF LUCK TO ANTHONY, I THINK HE WILL BE JUST FINE.

tcul

I was a "pad only" cleaner for 6 years. People loved the work I did, and I have plenty of repeat biz ;and referrals to show for it.

I recently added high-flow extraction to my tool chest.

People love me even better now. And I use both systems.

So there ARE other factors which determine success in this or any other biz besides what method you use. Like enthusiasm, confidence, professionalism
, ability to listen and communicate with the customer, talking to and getting to know the customer (making them "like" you)...etc.

And it helps that there are so many shitty cleaners here, who don't know how to talk professionally on the phone.

TC

Scott Rogers

Tom and Rob (clean force 1) Those where 2 of the best post I have seen on the OP vs HWE debate!

Thanks!

G

This didn't start out as a debate on Method 1 vs Method 2 but I thought had more to do with Anthony. If that's the case, then he needs more than a different machine.

I found Anthony not to have enough confidence to move ahead on his own, no matter what the subject, and I commented on that several times. I find that, whereas your 'personality', or 'selling skills' - call it what you will - have to be as flexible and multi-faceted as the # of people you meet, you have to be stubborn as a mule when it comes to evaluating pros and cons in business, making a choice, working at it, re-evaluate etc etc...you know the constant struggle for excellence. When you need continuous approval from others is when you know you don't have that business-required "quality".

Calling it as I see it...hopefully, if Anthony is reading this, he'll see in time why this makes sense, even tho' it seems harsh now.

Scott Rogers

Anthony's problem is he is paying a helper when he doesnt have enough work to support one.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
helper only passes out fliers

you know, one of guys from the corner with the will work for food signs

Looks like it is time to get a part time job, christmas season so it shouldn't be hard, life is tough sometimes, get your ass out there and do what you have to do. 300% loan from the hock shop is not the right start

go to fed ex and load trucks for 4 hours a day, it can be done if you have the motivation

maybe it is a wake up call for him

just from reading his posts, he has more problems then how to clean carpet with an op machine, don't think a TM will help him right now

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Scott, Thankx for the compliment, I feel if Anthony gives it a little more time he will be successful( HE DOES HAVE A GREAT ATTITUDE)
Some times that is better than all the technical knowledge in the world!!!

G

I offered for him to ride with me for a week. He said he couldn't afford a plane ticket. This was when he was starting out. I wish he would have taken me up on the offer.

There is more to running a cleaning business than hwe or low moisture. Sales is the first most important thing you need to know. If you have no sales, you have nothing to clean.

Dave

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I hope Anthony Reyes makes it. He would be in a better situation if he started out with a TM. When you are first starting out you dont get to pick and choose your jobs. You are hungry and you tackle anything. Most of the time a pad machine wont cut it. The Low Moisture freaks gave this guy some bad advice. If I had a old TM that was working I would give it to him. Its his only chance of making it. Someone here needs to donate him a TM.

Golden Boy
Remember this?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
who is Anthony Reyes
why don't those guys above post anymore?
and why does waldo make a post for one week and not show up for months after

Mikey P

Administrator
who is Anthony Reyes
why don't those guys above post anymore?
and why does waldo make a post for one week and not show up for months after

I looked on FB for the name. Found a guy in AZ who cleans carpet and we hae five mutual friends .

Which is 2 more than Waldo and I have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom