Stankley Steamer commercials

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So had to contract out to another CCer today to get an "Emergency clean" for a customer who's tenants used Stanley Reamer.
Holy crap what a mess. They did the $125.00 whole house thingy and couldn't upsale so decided to do a hack job to end all hack jobs. I just paid the CCer his cut and took off. He's a good guy.
I couldn't believe the job they did.

I love Stabyou Steamers commercials because they get people to think about their carpets. Anyone in their right mind will not call Stanley Hackers so guess what...They start looking around for the independent guy or company that give's a shit.
Which is what I would like to think most of us here are.

Stanley Hacktards commercials make me more money.

Name
I'm Rick James
I agree SS commercials do make people more aware of carpet cleaning. I really do like their commercials. I worked at Steemer for 4 years and yeah there are people who do hack work if you dont add on. The techs would brag about doing a 5 area house in 30 minutes. Their techs are always in a rush they have to do 5-7 jobs a day. They have the heavest wands and no hydro force oh and no glides for their 59 blower.

That is what you get with a nationwide company, they are so big that the quality of the tech slips through the cracks because they have such a high turnover rate.

SS just opened up a 3rd corprate branch here.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Can a SS company buy any products or are they confined to SS specific products like Chem-Dry does?

Rex Tyus

I think pretty much all franchise organizations require their system be followed. Stanley is the most successful carpet cleaning franchise so I would bet they are just as, if not more anal about it as CD. But it is a guess. I am sure we have some former or current SS guys on here that will give some first hand info.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
boys and girls, wait til YOU have techs on the van.

I'm not one to trash SS.
the truth is, it's really the work ethic of the dude that's running the wand.
Might get a stinker, might get a good one

I also know that all the O/Ops out there don't proform 100% all day, every day.
(if you're doing more than a handful of jobs a week, anyway)

We all get tired, burnt out and LAZY at times

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
SS does have IICRC standards but it doesnt mean the techs follow them. Like meat said you can get burned out at SS in a matter of months with the work load they give you. They are great company on the inside but some techs just make thm look bad.

Back
Top Bottom