Stanley Steemer Pricing

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
3 bedrooms, Living room, Dining room, hall
$208.92
After tax (yes there is tax for cleaning in TX.)

300 sqft maximum per room

Add protectant
$312.84 (for total job)

The fine print

Prices are subject to change. One area equals any room up to 300 square feet; combined living areas may be considered as two rooms. Areas exceeding 300 square feet will be priced as additional areas. Baths, halls, staircases, large walk-in closets, and area rugs are priced separately. Sectional sofas may not be separated. Sofas over 7 ft. and certain fabrics may incur additional charges. Tile cleaning is priced by the square foot. Prices are subject to on-site measurement of tiled area. Tile cleaning service applies only to Ceramic and Porcelain tiles. Actual tile size may affect square foot price. Tile will be measured and inspected prior to cleaning. Pre-existing conditions and/or damage may affect pricing or ability to properly complete cleaning. Bathroom stall and tiled countertop cleaning is available at participating locations only. Coupons must be presented at time of cleaning. Clear and colored sealants are priced in addition to cleaning price. Prices are subject to change. Tile cleaning service applies only to Ceramic and Porcelain tiles. One area equals any room up to 300 square feet; combined living areas may be considered as two rooms. Areas exceeding 300 square feet will be priced as additional areas. Baths, halls, staircases, and large walk-in closets, are priced separately. Pre-existing conditions and/or damage may affect pricing or ability to properly complete cleaning. Shower stall and tiled countertop cleaning is available at participating locations only. Air Duct cleaning is priced by the vent. Prices are subject to on-site determination of number of vents. Price includes one air handler; additional air handlers may incur additional charges. Vents will be counted and inspected prior to cleaning. Pre-existing conditions and/or damage may affect pricing or ability to properly complete cleaning. Coupons must be presented at time of cleaning. Prices are subject to change. One area equals any room up to 300 square feet; combined living areas may be considered as two rooms. Areas exceeding 300 square feet will be priced as additional areas. Price includes one air handler; additional air handlers may incur additional charges. Baths, halls, staircases, and large walk-in closets, are priced separately. Pre-existing conditions and/or damage may affect pricing or ability to properly complete cleaning. $96.00 completed job minimum required. Portable equipment may be required for areas above the 2nd floor or if guaranteed adjacent parking is not available. Use of portable equipment may result in a higher required portable job minimum, a portable surcharge or a price increase, with necessary price adjustments made at time of service. Use of portable equipment will result in a $XX.XX required portable minimum. Use of portable equipment will result in a $XX.XX required portable surcharge. Contact your local Stanley Steemer for more information.

What would you have charged?

Their pricing is based on how many areas they clean, but they do not have a set price per area.

Example: The minimum cleaning charge here is 68 dollars for two rooms.
99 for three rooms
29 extra for the fourth area
27 extra for the fifth area
35 for each additonal area

That is wierd to me.

I guess it makes selling protector and deodorizer easier. They charge a flat rate per area for add ons.

I would have charged 220 for that job. I am not big on charging a customer for two rooms unless I have to. Most homes I clean have rooms that are slightly larger than 300. My standard room is 350 sq ft. I loose on larger rooms but make up for it on hallways and smaller rooms. I even thought about having a no room size limit on cleaning. I feel it would make closing jobs easier to just tell the customer this is the price regardless to the size of the room. I may loose every now and then, but overall it would work out I THINK. :?

G

Brian Robison said:
Portable equipment may be required for areas above the 2nd floor or if guaranteed adjacent parking is not available. Use of portable equipment may result in a higher required portable job minimum, a portable surcharge or a price increase, with necessary price adjustments made at time of service. Use of portable equipment will result in a $XX.XX required portable minimum. Use of portable equipment will result in a $XX.XX required portable surcharge. [/i]

What would you have charged?

I really like the portable surcharge idea they have, I've recently started high rise condos and the extra set up time, going up elevators etc.. warrants a price increase. It is on the top of my mind while experiencing it, and I forget to make the change, until you just reminded me.

6 Areas for me $270 and protector is $20/rm extra.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
That sounds about right if you look at the web site. The more rooms you clean, the cheaper it gets per room.

$101 min. here for SS

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Around here, SS usually advertises the $99 special. They then add on when they get to custys house, or over the phone if you want more than the "special". It's a good way to get into the house......

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Same here the SS $99 3 room special. I would charge $120.00 for 3 rooms. They go down to as low as $18.00 a room if you have 10 areas cleaned. That works out to about $.25 a Sq Ft. I’m thinking about offering a no frills service level for $30.00 a room.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Most cleaners in my area charge a set up fee that includes first room. ie minimum. usually around 65 to 85 dollars. then each additional area is form 10 to 15 dollars.

green guy

Guys these prices 120 for 3 rooms ect... thats not a business that is a job! People that enjoy the most success in this highly competitive industry focus on quality not price selling. If the 120 guys would raise there prices by 15 to 20% you may loose a couple but ultimately you make the same amount of money for less work effort, cleaning solutions ect.. The clientel you NEED, the high end customer, will not hire you at those price points. Build a tangible experience into your company. Starbucks can charge double for their product because they sell an experience. Put on some white gloves to show you care about the furniture items you are handling. Give them a spotting tip brochure. Leave a free bottle of spotter. Do a quality control call after every job. Find experiential angles and work them. Personally, I do not sell carpet cleaning I sell a better life and am working hard to make my brand a status symbal. Ask a for more money NOW brother. Assure the prospect that you will do something amazing. Ask for the opportunity to earn their trust. Learn to overcome price objection. Mrs. Jones "The odor of poor quality lingers long after the aroma of a cheap price, place your trust in me and you will never use another carpet cleaner fair enough"
No charge for that one. Get strong and good luck!!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
FCC said:
green guy said:
Guys these prices 120 for 3 rooms ect... thats not a business that is a job! into your company. Starbucks can charge double for their product because they sell an experience. quote]

Bill, I'm going to preface this with an "In my experience" caveat.............

You are wrong. You're drinkin what they are selling (looks like Howie P in your case). If it works for you fine...it won't for the vast majority of cleaners.

hell.....I'll leave it that for now as I really dgas............America Runs On Dunkin' :wink:

Triple A ever get ya fixed up? :wink: :twisted:

It's telling that Starbucks was used as an example. While their high price model has been successful for some time, we can expect big changes in their operations as people realize that the "experience" is not worth the cost. Here's their latest news.

SEATTLE - Starbucks Corp. said Thursday it has laid off about 220 support staff who worked at the coffee retailer's headquarters and in field operations, and will leave about 380 open jobs unfilled.

Chairman and Chief Executive Howard Schultz announced the 600 job cuts in an e-mail to Starbucks' more than 170,000 employees, calling it a difficult decision aimed at sharpening the company's focus on customers.

"We realize that we are operating in an intensely challenging environment, one in which our customers and (employees) have extremely high expectations of Starbucks," Schultz wrote. "And we have to step up to the challenge of being strategic as well as nimble as our business evolves. Unfortunately, we have not been organized in a manner that allowed us to have a laser focus on the customer."

green guy

Sad when folks rip themselves off. Or maybe not. Maybe that is what their service is worth.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why would how or why they charge.

Or what they do matter.

If you are advertising properly?

Make your client seek you out because they WANT your company and what it offers.

Price won't matter.

moconnell

I have only a couple of things to say! Quality not Price. I get PAID for what i do. None of this 10,20, 30, 40 dollar pr room crap! Come on carpet cleaners, r u guys in this to make a living or to end up at the poor house !
Mike

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
green guy said:
Guys these prices 120 for 3 rooms ect... thats not a business that is a job! People that enjoy the most success in this highly competitive industry focus on quality not price selling. If the 120 guys would raise there prices by 15 to 20% you may loose a couple but ultimately you make the same amount of money for less work effort, cleaning solutions ect.. The clientel you NEED, the high end customer, will not hire you at those price points.
No charge for that one. Get strong and good luck!!

Can you claim to be more successful than the franchise owner of Coit, Stanley, or any of the national chains that rely on volume and upsells. I doubt it. The local SS owner runs 5-6 trucks, has 2 very nice sales trucks, and lives in a very nice home. Their sales is counted in MILLIONS my friend.
I know it isn't a popular idea but the reality is that business model works. High end, low end, does it matter what customer base you serve as long as the checks cash.

Besides, rich folks have really heavy furniture.

I

The Preacher

i bet i know to the penny what my CODB is on a daily basis. if i accept a credit card for my service i know what it costs me. if gas goes to 2.89gal or 3.15gal i know how that affects my PROFIT!

if you want to go after the Mercedes "clients" do it, but don't talk crap about the cleaners who decide to offer a fair price to everday chevy/ford/dodge/toyota customers who are the backbone of many cleaning companies base!

green guy

Hey fair enough. Even the mid end customer will pay more than 120 3 rooms. My main point is they will gladly pay 15 percent more starting now. There should be a pattern of growth in terms of your bottom line. The coupon company really has to expend alot of unnessasary energy relying on volume. Alot of guys are just scared really. I really did not want to pick on guys just pull them up. I was there man. Some one mentioned Howard Partridge. I just had dinner with Howard not long ago. He is in the top 1% in this industry. I do not agree with everything he says but have benefitted greatly from his imput and friendship. SS techs look like they are harvested from rehab. Build value into who you are and get what you deserve. Give yourself a raise your life and business will get better! PERIOD.

green guy

Work in Raleigh Chapel Hill Durham Cary NC. I am far from genius. However, I am very aware that in this business you can either be part of the market tide or become a jetty that actually affects the tide. Who cares what the comp charges. How much repeat and ref. business do they do. Id prefer to see my brand as a status symbol not part of the status quo. Cust. have to associate dbw you as "doing it the right way" It needs to be worth the wait and worth the investment. Then in turn we get what were worth.

The Preacher

i think if your building a business to sell/have multiple trucks/employees one day, you have to think like Bill.

however if you like the freedom to work the hours you choose, market you serve (comm/residential) and want a good paying "job" well thats ok too.

if you don't have a group of investors to answer to then choose the direction you want and build your biz the way you want.

now don't go and say that bargan guys give this industry a bad name, you're a rung up the ladder from a janitor/pool guy/lawn care guy to begin with, so relax and enjoy the fact that you can earn anywhere from $50-200hr doing this!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom