Stanley steemer!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Our local franchise are some nice people, but not good carpet cleaners!

In their defense it was a light brown olefin apartment grade carpet.

Customer calls and used them 2 days ago for the whole house, She wanted me to do a room to see if it would look any better.

How many of You guys love these type or opportunities?

So we PS with PM form cobbs and used a rotary to extract dropped 2 pods on it and it was barely wet when we left.

SS cleaned it 2 days ago and she called immediately and they came back and recleaned it and it took 8 plus hours to dry.

no PS just steam and lots of debris on edges and a lot of crushed dingy carpet.

I feel bad because if you don't know what your doing these can be hard to clean,
There's always the issue with the pile and such but a rotary can help out alot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
While trying to obtain a lot of 7 rental houses in our neighborhood couple weeks ago, we were tested pretty good. The Old man who has the houses had us tested by another Property Manager. Come to find out this is a really Huge deal and I had no idea. 2 seperate accounts with Untelling Commercial & Resi rentals.

It's nice to drive 700' down the road to work, we'll keep these accounts thank you.

Chris

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
reminds me of a local national company, the techs are trained to sell, not to clean. Plus they don't have the time for to do a better job , one, too many jobs to do in a day, and two, they don't charge enough for the tech to make enough if takes the time and effort that he should. I forget what their expenses are, but when I worked for a chain, they supplied the equipment and the job and I paid for everything else, ie fuel, chemicals, training, etc etc. When you charge $100 for 3 rooms and a hall, they'd take about 45 min from arrival to departure.

JeremyB

Name
Jeremy
reminds me of a local national company, the techs are trained to sell, not to clean. Plus they don't have the time for to do a better job , one, too many jobs to do in a day, and two, they don't charge enough for the tech to make enough if takes the time and effort that he should. I forget what their expenses are, but when I worked for a chain, they supplied the equipment and the job and I paid for everything else, ie fuel, chemicals, training, etc etc. When you charge $100 for 3 rooms and a hall, they'd take about 45 min from arrival to departure.

Are you spying on my employer Ron? Sounds like a regular day for me.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I understand why you want to go out on your own Jeremy. There is a HIGH turnover in that company. A customer is lucky to get the same tech twice, phenomenally lucky if she gets him 3 or 4times. The guys have a hard time of it. Where I used to work, I was there for 1.5years. There were about 6-8 cleaners when I started. By the following spring there were 3 of us. By the time I left there were 4, one guy was pulling in 1500/week, but his work dwindled quickly. I think the mgr, a cleaner himself who assigned the work, started taking the better jobs for himself, leaving that other guy out in the cold. He left. No exactly examples of how TO clean but more examples of how NOT TO clean.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Its kinda like having kids. If you wait for the right time to have em, youll be waiting all your life. If you want to try going out on your own! DO IT !!!! You will never know until you try.....

Chris L

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The owner of the local franchise came over the second time. The customers daughter played sports with his daughter that's why they used them.

She got me out of the phone book my ad was right next to SS.

I'm sure the Emulsifier rinse they steam with can do a decent job on some carpets, Like I said earlier how many of us could clean like that ?

When I was $20 per room I would pre spray pre spot and rinse only. That's more then what they do,

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
While trying to obtain a lot of 7 rental houses in our neighborhood couple weeks ago, we were tested pretty good. The Old man who has the houses had us tested by another Property Manager. Come to find out this is a really Huge deal and I had no idea. 2 seperate accounts with Untelling Commercial & Resi rentals.

It's nice to drive 700' down the road to work, we'll keep these accounts thank you.

Chris

WOW Chris...what kinna machine you doin' all that wit?

Chris A

Name
Chris
All I know is if my local Stanley franchise went up for sale I'd be calling all my rich relatives and buddies!

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom