Starving Carpet Cleaner?

G

Has anyone here tried using the Starving Carpet Cleaner postcard?

If so, I'd like to hear how it worked out for you.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
josh this is not insult you but here is my outlook on the starving carpet cleaner..
i would NEVER do anything like that. it portrays a image of low quality and you will carry that with you.
if you are starving then you need to pound the streets harder..my hottest areas were always
malls and gas stations because people are in a public place and more open and they are already in spend mode.
if anyone sent me something that said they were slow or starving for work i would wonder what crap
equipment/tools/materials they were using because they are starving....you do what you have to do to take care of your family but
be careful of how you brand yourself and your company..it will stay with you....just my opinion

Bob Foster

Might as well make up one of those cardboard signs with a grease pencil and walk with it between cars stopped at traffic lights.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
That card should only be sent in Febuary.

It should have a picture of you holding out your tin cup.

TimP

Prepare to be the low man on the totem pole. I can see it now when they call, so and so will do it for 5 bucks a room. If you're starving you'll do it for 4 bucks a room. :roll:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jay DeLaughter has one he's shared before.

i thought like you guys til I saw his.
it was well done ( tongue & cheek kind of stuff) and if recall, he said he only sends it to his regular custy base.
Not new prospects.

..L.T.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i would like to see it as well..i would be really scared it would send out the wrong image/message..most up scale clients want to be hooked up
with the best guy around and that guy is not starving he is slammed..
i am not slamming anyone that is not busy just stating a personal opinion

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree with Gill.

Save that stuff for the dead of winter and stick a coupon in all the bibles this Sunday.

Are we going to see you on Friday Josh?

Rawb

Bob Foster said:
Might as well make up one of those cardboard signs with a grease pencil and walk with it between cars stopped at traffic lights.

LOL...as the people in their cars try to find something else to look at so they don't have to make eye contact....

G

Mikey P said:
Tom Meyer, myself and Jimbo will be at the Atlantis/Reno on Friday night.

Packfan may join us too.

I'm a couple of hours from there. I might stop by. What time? PM me your cell #.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
stick a coupon in all the bibles this Sunday.

it's obvious you're an unchurched hEathen :roll:
May God have mercy on your retched soul

the coupon goes in the church announcement/bulletin flier handout....

..L.T.A.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I save it for winter for my clients who know who I am. They get a laugh out of it. Not for everyone thats for sure but it always produces in jan/feb. use the search feature if you want, chavez posted it before. :roll:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Josh said:
Has anyone here tried using the Starving Carpet Cleaner postcard?

If so, I'd like to hear how it worked out for you.

That's a very bad ploy. You never want your customers to think anything is wrong. They don't want your problems to become their problems. Always project an image of confidence and success. Even if it's a lie.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if I were struggling (if your company is struggling this time of year you are on your way out) if the customers who I knew loved me I would say hey if I can't get your business or your friends business I will not be here next year. People do understand that. I do the starving carpet cleaner and it works I remind them I do upholstery and tile and carpet restretches and I get calls

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom