Steam Action TM's

Name
Steve Lawrence
I had a buddy, 1973ish, who was going to take over the world, or at least KY with one of those.

He flew to California and bought it from Arlen Knight.
On the west coast there was a similar unit. Was it made by Steam Services? I don't know for sure, but it looked a lot like Deep Steam maybe a little more primitive if that's possible.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just can't imagine the justification of running 3 or 4+ wands off one unit. Like how many of those mega jobs are you doing a year? How are you transporting 4-6 employees without a crew cab box truck ($70000), plus the cost of the unit ($50000+). I'd think that multiple single or dial wand units in multiple trucks would work better 99% of the time, unless mega jobs were all you did...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There are those huge complexes in the big cities where there is miles of carpet, and the cimex method won't cut it. It's over my head, but Marty is right when he said it's a totally different market than the ones where there's the average 150' hose run, and it's a totally different business model also

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Lot's of people use those mega machines to travel the country with crews...............cleaning motels........cheap

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
A lot of people live in areas where you can't get service from the major brands. You have to find local people who service the components for other industries. Cat dealer for the engine, pressure wash dealer for the pump, etc.
Thats why units like relia built are so valuable to many.

Not to mention the Jon dons here during peak season are 2-3 weeks just to look at your issue.

Reactions: Cleanworks

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I use to service a local's 1986 Steam Action up until a couple years ago.
There were no original components left on the machine. Nothing
Everything had been changed out once or many times over 30 years.

Name
Steve Lawrence
As far as I know, Ballweber (Arnie) only made truckmounts. They were cool! I had one for many years. #5 blower, very adjustable, simple, quiet. Lotsa maintenance though. My kids used to wonder why I was pulling those heat exchangers out all the time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom