Steam Action Truckmount issues- split

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'd be wrapping or shielding that exhaust.
3 air cooled (one Onan and two Kohlers)
and one water cooled 3cyl Kabota, I've never seen an exhaust glow that red in day light

..L.T.A.
I did the same test on my Everest exhaust at the end of the job and it was HALF the temp on the pipe than Scott had. And glowing is NOT normal.

Offering free Chems and some tools? That’s pocket change!

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
He can't do the work of 3-for long. You need to move all those that will allow you to move them.

Even if you have to offer some incentive to move them. You may lose a few but if Scott goes down trying to cover all the bases it will be worse.
I got everyone fit into the month of October still giving Scott Sundays off with the exception of this week. Thankfully I had him scheduled to take Barry Costa’s WRT next week and I was able to move it to the end of the year, and we had already cut back on scheduling the guy we were going to fire. It’s going to work, it’s just going to be a rough month. So he’s booked out to Nov 6. And I have no clue where to even begin looking for people.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I got everyone fit into the month of October still giving Scott Sundays off with the exception of this week. Thankfully I had him scheduled to take Barry Costa’s WRT next week and I was able to move it to the end of the year, and we had already cut back on scheduling the guy we were going to fire. It’s going to work, it’s just going to be a rough month. So he’s booked out to Nov 6. And I have no clue where to even begin looking for people.
Look where people are already working and see if you can offer a better deal.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
One day at a time. Don't stress it so much, both of you.

It happens, it will get better and could always happen again. Being in business is damn tough, not for the feint of heart.

But it is a good living and while hard and sweaty it can be rewarding to. Ask at church, check with friends, look everywhere.

At one time we had several college kids that worked their way through with us. We adjusted the schedule to reflect their hours. It worked great until they graduated, but it got us down the road for several years.

There is somebody that will be excited to take the job. Finding them might take some time.

Reactions: darcie smith
F

FB7777

One day at a time. Don't stress it so much, both of you.

It happens, it will get better and could always happen again. Being in business is damn tough, not for the feint of heart.

But it is a good living and while hard and sweaty it can be rewarding to. Ask at church, check with friends, look everywhere.

At one time we had several college kids that worked their way through with us. We adjusted the schedule to reflect their hours. It worked great until they graduated, but it got us down the road for several years.

There is somebody that will be excited to take the job. Finding them might take some time.
Just don’t recommend high school kids….

kenny will have a stroke

roro

Name
Ross Craig
The guy you were going to fire may have poisoned the other guy. Now a few days have passed why not pick up the phone and call the "other guy" even if you have to bite your tongue a bit. He may have re-thought his abrupt decision, and realised good jobs are scarce..
Even if he won't reconsider the job do an exit interview to find out just why it is that he quit.
Good staff are like gold - hard to find and really valuable.
Best of luck.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
The guy you were going to fire may have poisoned the other guy. Now a few days have passed why not pick up the phone and call the "other guy" even if you have to bite your tongue a bit. He may have re-thought his abrupt decision, and realised good jobs are scarce..
Even if he won't reconsider the job do an exit interview to find out just why it is that he quit.
Best of luck.
I almost guarantee one poisoned the other. It’s better to be done and start over.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I almost guarantee one poisoned the other. It’s better to be done and start over.

While each situation is different, in my experience the "poisoned party" still was ready to be poisoned, and rarely is salvagable.

I went through that here some years back, and the "poisoned" employee that returned never really was the same, and quit again later at an even worse time.

I would have been better to have let them both go and been done with it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Best of luck.

Coulda..

Grumpyboss may have harshed his mellow too..

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Soo there is alot to tell but I would like to ask mikey if he wants me to bring my steam action down and park it beside Sammy's to show what 3 months of bullshit looks like.
Rust everywhere, poor customer service, idgaf about you service im getting, the over the phone screaming sammy did while on phone with aztec, because I called him out on a lie. (He told aztec that he offered me a new machine which he did not, but he was trying to save face with aztec.) I WAS NEVER OFFERED A NEW MACHINE, OR A REFUND! All I want is a refund, he can have this nightmare back and sell it to someone else.

Here is the released playlist of problems, more to come but trickle feeding for full effect.
Lost revenue due to being broke down or overheating = apx $30,000+

Hey I’m sorry you have to go through all this… I also hope they realize the weight of these types of posts. It’s not that they sold you a POS machine it’s how they don’t own it and make it right!
We have multiple trucks and locations and would never buy a unit from steam action now that I have seen this…. Good luck

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey I’m sorry you have to go through all this… I also hope they realize the weight of these types of posts. It’s not that they sold you a POS machine it’s how they don’t own it and make it right!
We have multiple trucks and locations and would never buy a unit from steam action now that I have seen this…. Good luck
No I believe they sold them a POS.

It was a Steam Action..uhh "lack of" Action model. 😉

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom