SteAm verses dRy "cleaning" Big Mike style

Mikey P

Administrator
before_3.jpg

This pic taken off Big Mike's site (http://www.americancarpets.net/)
says volumes..

I think BM runs a hell of an operation. On the level of Hagopian really as far as the customer is concerned I imagine. Maybe an even happier client due to no pressure up sales. Puts Cole's scam operation to shame fo'sure. When you put an employee on commission that rely on heavy up selling or they don't make squat you create a monster the home owner never wants to see again.

and vice verse for the "tech"..

Once they've bled a house for all it's worth (uph, tile, air ducts, Pro-TECK-TOR, chimney sweeping and plastic plant cleaning) they don't want to go back next year for just a measly traffic lane cleaning

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I just looked at his reviews on Google. WOW!

I thought I gave service and quality work........I have twist arms to get reviews.

Good for you Big Mike - sounds like you got a great thing going. Keep it up.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I sell encap as maintenance cleaning and recommend annual steam cleaning. I keep accounts looking good year round but sure notice the difference when I steam them in the spring.

The problem is, when the only tool you have is a hammer everything starts to look like a nail.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The bright side of commission based Techs is they do a great job the first time so they don't have to go back for free to do re-work.

Also, they love to see that same customer next time....Less work, same pay. Why not?

Gives them an reason to "ask" for extra services and it brings up the daily total.

Granted, if you get a guy who is looking to screw the customer then that's a bad deal. You weed through that to find the right Tech.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
boazcan said:
I just looked at his reviews on Google. WOW!

I thought I gave service and quality work........I have twist arms to get reviews.

Good for you Big Mike - sounds like you got a great thing going. Keep it up.

What he said.

56 reviews, congrats.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Mike~ why do you so often have to add a left handed insult in your posts? I don;t know anything about GC's company (and I never beleive internet hype, but our people make great money and have great benefits without high pressure sales tactics and in fact HPST will get someone fired from our co.

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you referring to the left hander about Mike's customers not getting up sold (ala Hagopian) or the jab at Cole's bait and switch tactics?

I think Mike's plan offers the ultimate simplicity in a multi truck(or minivan) operation.

I love the honesty of it all.

Having worked for Coit, an operation MUCH like your's, as well as worked for Millers, a direct clone of Cole's deal, I would much prefer Mike's way of doing things if I chose to run a large crew in a big fly over city.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
As long as you are not badgering your customers to buy something else and doing a great job whether they pay more or not, then I think it's fine.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
tmdry said:
Should be pretty simple to make your own.
yea if you can do it, make your own...should be easy.

nice pic!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom