Steamway 2100

Keepitclean

Name
Glen
I have a steamway legacy 2100. I am having problems with no water pressure or very low. It use to have a little . The pressure gauge has no activity either don't know if broke or just no pressure. Any ideas? Please help.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I am having problems with no water pressure or very low.

if you're getting "some", then your pump clutch must be engaging.

could be lots of things causing it.

Have you tried turning the 3-way valve to hi-med-low position to see if it makes any difference?
If that does it, one of your unloader valves has failed and/or the pressure adjustment nut has loosened

Could be sucking air causing lack of pressure

Easiest way to check that is plug your fresh water garden hose directly into the plenum (the brass bar near the rear left side of unit with several hoses plugged into it)
Follow the hose from the water box to the plenum, Unplug it and direct connect your fresh water hose there.

Turn on the water and look for drips.
If none, you'll know no air leaks from that side of plenum to pump.
With hose still connected and water on, now fire up the unit and turn on the pump.
If pump pressurizes, you have an air leak upstream of plenum

those are a couple simple things to check first.

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
This gentleman should be able to help you figure it out..
WILKINSON-obit-web-articleLarge.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
His TM has two Paraplate regulators.

1625017780051.png

One gets adjusted for med pressure the other for hi-pressure.
set them to the PSI you want for med and high, then twist a lever to divert to one or the other.

they're a very durable regulator
Two bad at the same time would be more rare than getting struck by lighting ..twice

..L.T.A.

scotty747

First determine whether your pump isnt getting water, or isnt giving water. Stick the supply hose in a bucket of water and see if it draws. Crack the outlet hose fitting on the pressure line and see its pumping water. My friend had the same problem on his. Plugged quick connect at the hose hook up.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
There's a dozen things from simple to major that can cause low/no flow on any TM.

If Glen comes back with what he's tried to do so far, and gives more details, maybe we can get him squared away
(I know a little about 2100's)

BUTT....

Plug the garden hose direct into the plenum first

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Honest to Pete, I don’t understand why a person has a machine issue they waste time coming here. Take it to a mechanic, get it fixed and get it running! Seriously, time is money

cause reality is, not everyone can afford to.
Many O/Ops start their road to riches in the glamorous field of CC'ing on a shoe string.
Until they've downed 4-7 years to become well established with consistent revenue flow, they don't have the bank and learn to wrench themselves due to nece$$ity

.L.T.A.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
cause reality is, not everyone can afford to.
Many O/Ops start their road to riches in the glamorous field of CC'ing on a shoe string.
Until they've downed 4-7 years to become well established with consistent revenue flow, they don't have the bank and learn to wrench themselves due to nece$$ity

.L.T.A.
Yes, I get that, I did the same on everything. It the smartest thing to do is get the money somehow to keep what makes you money running. If you can’t afford it, you don’t need to be in business. Get a job.

• Haha
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom