Steamway Pooperstore

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
What’s the deal with these guys? Then never answer the phone and here lately they haven’t been returning calls. I have a feeling it’s going to be a PIA to find parts for my powermaitic.

R

Robbie

Call shawn they have had one of there main staff members in and out of work in the hospital because his newborn daughter is sick.
You can always call shawn his cell phone number is 303 356 2473 and he would be more then happy to help you...Shawns a great guy....at any reasonable time of day he will answer....I just called him at 9:30pm his time and he answered...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
ACE said:
What’s the deal with these guys? Then never answer the phone and here lately they haven’t been returning calls. I have a feeling it’s going to be a PIA to find parts for my powermaitic.

If in dire need, call Steamway Express in Ohio. Jeff has alot of PM parts in stock, or he did. 1-866-859-1011

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Thanks for the replies. I don’t need anything urgently but I have a small crack in the manifold off the engine and the water box is badly corroded. I’m afraid the water box might give up the ghost when I descale the machine. I just was getting worried that their wasn’t anyone supporting the machine. I know it doesn’t have many proprietary parts but it’s much easier to deal with one source.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Your welcome to call me and i'll get it taken care of. Tim is making all the parts for the Powermatic so you'll have no problems getting parts even if you have a hard time getting ahold of them. I will be passing this on to Shawn to come and post.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
Thanks for the replies. I don’t need anything urgently but I have a small crack in the manifold off the engine and the water box is badly corroded. I’m afraid the water box might give up the ghost when I descale the machine. I just was getting worried that their wasn’t anyone supporting the machine. I know it doesn’t have many proprietary parts but it’s much easier to deal with one source.

what RW said

call Steamway Express in [Zoarville] Ohio. Jeff has alot of PM parts in stock, or he did. 1-866-859-1011

Jeff's "the man" .
he's my "go to" guy.
Few guys are as knowledgeable as Jeff when it comes to SW TMs

as far as the water box...I don't know what they're getting for them these days, but years ago I had a fab shop make one out of stainless for not much more than SW wanted for the OE aluminum one

if you're willing/able to drill the holes, mount the hardware and use the stock lid (as I did) it was le$$ than the OE box
if you have a fab shop make one, be sure to specify stainless welds...or you'll have probs with rusty water
(ask me how I know.... :oops: :oops: )

..L.T.A.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
ACE said:

As for a water box, I swapped mine out for an 8 gallon plastic tank. Fits nicely on the water box shelf, and has a screw on lid that doesn't leak! I got pictures somewhere on this computer....I will try to find them.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Hey Robert I would love to see the pictures again if you find them. I am ready to make a jug box.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
BradFenstermaker said:
Hey Robert I would love to see the pictures again if you find them. I am ready to make a jug box.

I think they're on my other computer tower. I gotta find them. Or I'll take new ones. If your water box leaked (overflowed onto the heater coil while driving), then this is the answer. Also.....no "white rust" or deposit buildup on plastic boxes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom