Steamway single jet or AW29, which would be better...?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The Steamway is worth more. Cut down the AW29, Ebay the SW. Personally, I think the AW29 is a better wand anyway. The only thing is - the SW cut down would be a straight tool, the AW29 would have the bend (unless you had a whole new tube welded on), so that may play a factor in your decision.

Take care,
Lisa

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
rjfdube said:
Any aw29 type wand is better tha a single jet.

Says the porty dude. Sorry, but I had a aw29 and it sucked crap compared to my Hydra hoe. Left the carpet soaking wet. Sorry Mikey, but you ain't never gonna be able to use a full size wand as an auto detailer.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rjfdube said:
Any aw29 type wand is better tha a single jet.

the Steamway wand is an enclosed flood jet wand, Rickie.
Not a regular tee/vee jet wand like the AW29

SW wand, dude
The enclosed jet design is better cause it minimizes over stray much better than wand wings.
be prepared to choke down pressure with the ball valve when you run into carpets that are prone to jet pile distortion.
and if you're running silly PSI like some of the dudes here, choke down pressure anyway or you'll wet the hell out of the backing with either wand

..L.T.A.

Greenie

If Mike didn't like the UT-40 for stair and a general all around utility tool, he ain't gonna like the SW wand cut down.

Actually I think Mike is screwed, cause he probably won't like the aw29 cut either?

for a guy who is 6'7 wouldn't an aw29 already be a stair tool?

The SW does have way more value (and weight) on ebay, you'll get $200 instead of $75 for it.

Honestly, since you are used to wanding stair with your Titanium wand, you probably just need a 40" long straight 2" pipe, 14" wide stairtool, and call it good.

And keep the aw29 or SW for Todd when he visits.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont really plan on using it much. Maybe a few times a year in super tight areas or vehicals.

The stock AW29 is actually a nice tool for doing steps. I have two so I dont mind chopping one of them

I actually may be doing 200 partitions soon and want a quicker tool then my PC uph.

Greenie

Then, maybe you shouldn't cut a 12" wand, this 10" wide wand may prove more useful on partitions and small stuff...and yes there is a glide for it.

WP10STR.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
I

I actually may be doing 200 partitions soon and want a quicker tool then my PC uph.

That's a horse of a different color than a stair tool.

for partitions, church pews and long straight fabrics with areas large enough to make wide wand head use practical,
a glided AW29 over the SW wand any day

..L.T.A.

Name
Evets
I was thinking the enclosed SW would be better on partitions,less overspray.
I know a regular stair tool doesn't work well on them for that reason.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Stevie Bs said:
I was thinking the enclosed SW would be better on partitions,less overspray.
I know a regular stair tool doesn't work well on them for that reason.

less over spray, but too much jet distortion on "fuzzy" fabric dividers
If they're straight woven poly fabric it would work OK if they weren't heavy soiled.
Other wise you end up with a very clean streak in the middle where the pressure is heaviest

..L.T.A.

Greenie

overspray?
put a hole glide on the 10" utility tool, run some 95 02 jets at 200 psi, and don't look back.

and yes, you can remove the forward handle, you don't need it, just wear a glove..lol

Back
Top Bottom