Steamway truck mount anyone has one?

falcans

Name
Richard
It says steamway international model nu.Ber 2001 aerial number 2077 Kohler engine it was sols to me as 25 but cannot find no info regarding this and blower has no markings on it but the blower is blue so its a roots

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Here is sum pics

Looks like there's a few pieces missing, and some alterations. Here's mine.......it just sets in the shop, it's a bit dusty, but is started frequently. It's a '92 with 2300 hours. Alternator is off for repairs. Just run a 120v line to it.

kol2_zpsca82ac43.jpg
kol3_zpsd27ea1ca.jpg
kol4_zpsdb2f9012.jpg
kol5_zpse47830b3.jpg

falcans

Name
Richard
That's older than my machine yes the previous owner did a heat exchanger fr his old prochem machine the water gets instant with steam Im thinking of getting a new pump

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok first things first, stop calling that a steam way as that thing has no resemblance to what it used to be. Next what are the actual numbers of the pump? You keep saying 310 but that doesn't make sense. It should either be a 340HT or a cat 5cp can you take a picture of the pump Info and text it to me 801-427-8008 and I'll log into our cat pumps portal and see what we can do for you.you won't be able to just switch it to another pump without changed the clutch and mounting bracket so I need to know exactly what pump it is.

falcans

Name
Richard
Hey john the pump is a 31 go on cats website under literatures I also confirm with cat technical support and they said its model 31 and model 31 was replaced by the 310 there still selling cat 310 and has the same brackets as my cat 31

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok that's not the original pump to the machine at least as far as I know.. You will also want it to come with hot and dry seals which makes a pretty big difference in price. Since that machines days are severely numbered I'm sure you do to want to drop a bunch into it but no one uses a 310 in our industry so it won't have much value when it comes time to sell that machine for parts. My honest opinion is to get rid of that thing. It is going to cost you more then what you'd pay for a good used machine. If you were on the US (or if you want to take a road trip) I'd give you a generous trade in for a new SS machine. I know that doesn't help but if you had shown that machine before you bought it I would have been able to tell you it isn't worth more then 50% of the re-sale value of the working used parts so maybe $500-800 US.

Since you own it now I'll do my best to help you keep that running until you earn what you paid for if back.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

John, you are right. I didn't notice there is know burner outlet, lower left corner. Someone either extensively reworked it, or it's a model I've never seen. Has the basic shape of a Powermatic, though. Looks like they cut away the left side frame (burner location), bumped the blower over to where the alt used to set. Looks like a PM waste tank.

falcans

Name
Richard
I no its a project I have a welder for 20 hr if I need one there is a clutch system on this system i already called this other guy he knows these cat pumps he is going to give me a price but john to get a reasonable priced pump that be easy to fix and cheaper to fix what would u recommend?

I'm buying the seals and see if its the seals if it was I just saved my self sum money carpet cleaning is only part time for me I have 2, contracts I do daily

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Don't buy the standard cheap seals. You want hot and dry. Also you have inspect the pistons BEFORE putting seals in. Once you open the seals they are yours. Doesn't matter if you didn't even put them in you open the package they are yours. I wouldn't go to the expense of trying to upgrade to a 5cp. The machine isn't worth it. If it was me I'd just out a new pump on it and cross my fingers..well actually no I wouldn't do that I'd part it out or turn it into a flood sucker.

As to what the machine is, it was a 2100 at one time but other then The frame there isn't anything left in common to the 2100.

As to the pump you already have someone getting you the pump is that correct? I'll go ahead and back off and let you buy it from him so he isn't wasting his time helping you then end up losing a sale because I had a better price.

Oh and I see lots of things are missing including the chemical draw system. If you are sucking air anywhere in the system your going to toast your seals again if your not careful but your guy getting you the pump will know all that and take care of it before you run that pump. Good luck and keep us posted.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
That is one scary looking mess. You have to wonder about the sanity of whoever would go to the trouble to build such a thing. Maybe it works fine, but unless you are gifted mechanically and enjoy spending time working on it, consider going in another direction.

falcans

Name
Richard
That is one scary looking mess. You have to wonder about the sanity of whoever would go to the trouble to build such a thing. Maybe it works fine, but unless you are gifted mechanically and enjoy spending time working on it, consider going in another direction.

I agree everything works tho except the pump my small engine mechanic will do the job he looks after truck mounts and knows the in and outs

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
That looks like the unit on kijiji, except it is mounted in a trailer. If the heat exchangers are good as uoy state, I would suggest a price of $500.00 CDN to assume your problematic. Rob, 519-422-3325. Needless to say, I enjoy challanges.

Reactions: falcans

gtech12v

looks like the pump is getting BBQ from all around ,may be they where trying to pre heat the water from the pump by having the exhaust so close to it

falcans

Name
Richard
That looks like the unit on kijiji, except it is mounted in a trailer. If the heat exchangers are good as uoy state, I would suggest a price of $500.00 CDN to assume your problematic. Rob, 519-422-3325. Needless to say, I enjoy challanges.
Nice chatting with you sir im glad i have someone close your a very knowledgeable person thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom