Step by step

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Would anyone have or be interested in giving me a step by step cleaning for tile and grout?

What are the steps to do it right, what are the solutions for cleaningsa and sealing?

What are good pricings and why?

I am trying to do this right because I have not and really need to.

Thanks

Signed,
Recovering Hack.

PS. I know some things but would like to see it all layed out.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There is a video and training manual available. It even includes samples of marketing materials.

A complete step-by step explanation with all the possible situations is a lot to ask. Here is the short version.

1. Protect any surfaces you that could be dmaged by tracking or splashing.
2. Sweep the floor
3. Apply an alkaline cleaning solution. This could be done with sprayer, mop or other means. Viper Venom is the #1 selling choice for this.
4. Add an oxidizer if necessary. Spread the oxidizing powder on the floor and let it disolve in your prespray.
5. Allow dwell time. Maybe 10 minutes.
6. Agitate grout lines with grout brush.
7. Additionqal agitation, rinsing and extraction. Most commonly this is done with 1000 - 1200 PSI water pressure and a spinning tool such a SX-12, Mytees Red Line or Turbo tool.
8. Allow time to dry.
9. Apply sealer.

If you want the fully detailed version with video and photos, I can make a deal on the Acclerated Tile & Grout Training package.

Scott Warrington

Mikey P

Administrator
Scott just about nailed it but forgot to add a steps

1.A-Get down on hands and knees, put nose to the floor and look for any signs of a topical sealer/coating on the grout or tile/stone. Grout should not be shiny unless its in a severe greasy environment. Keep some floor finish stripper and some gel based stripper on the truck to run tests. Stripping any sort of coating is very time consuming and should NOT be included in the cleaning price unless its one coat of a Mop and Glow type product that will clean off with a high alkaline cleaner, which is seldom the case.

6.A- A GLS/CRB type machine does wonders for pre scrubbing. Look for a used Host machine on Craig's or eBay

8.B- Use a Air Path to save valuable time to get it dry asap.

9.A- Learn to Color Seal if you want to be a real Pro in the game.

M

Mark Imbesi

8.B....Couldn't you post pad to dry floor? Almost instantaneous, no?

safeclean

Mikey P said:
Scott just about nailed it but forgot to add a steps

9.A- Learn to Color Seal if you want to be a real Pro in the game.

You are right there we leave tile and grout cleaning to the carpet cleaners :shock:

Craig

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks for the help
What is the best way to protect base boards?
Tape? What kind of tape?

I saw a job the other day that I was supposed to do but they had there friend do it. The base boards swelled up in areas and they were pissed.

Don't want this happening to me.

safeclean

Blue plumbers tape is the best try and mop on your chems and do not tilt your turbo at the base boards also check how porous it is.

craig

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Brian Robison said:
Thanks for the help
What is the best way to protect base boards?
Tape? What kind of tape?

I saw a job the other day that I was supposed to do but they had there friend do it. The base boards swelled up in areas and they were pissed.

Don't want this happening to me.

The problem here is most likely the kind of baseboard they have. Medium density fiberboard or MDF basebaord is basically compressed sawdust. It has a water resistant coating on the painted surface but not on any other surface.

If the floor is unlevel, you may get pockets or puddles of water that run under the baseboard. Water alone or water with any type of cleaner can then enter the basebaord and cause it to swell.

Learn to identify this type of baseboard. Go down to Lowes and look at some so you will know it when you see it in a home. If the floor is level, tape the bottom of the baseboard with blue masking tape. If there are any gaps where the cleaning solution can get under or behind the MDF you either need to plug up those gaps or don't do the job.

Scott Warrington

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cool, thanks.

I just don't want to buy anyone baseboards if I can help it.
I will take some precautions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom