Step Van vs. Box Truck

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Would a step van make a good cc'er van? I am looking at box trucks, but have come across some step vans ( such as Fedex and UPS use) that seem to be in great shape and a good deal as well, but I don't know the first thing about them.

Chads

Supportive Member
More details on which van you want or looking at those new ones that ups and fedex use are sprinters and they are pretty cool vans to me. great for carpet cleaning just look at the pics of CU's van on here just do a search.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
They suck fuel bad. I Drove a laundry bob tail for 4 years and they average 6-8mpg plus the registration at the time was 600+ 20 YEARS AGO. Box if your going to do it.

Box truck. Has access door you can use to access your TM if you use a slide in. Not a box truck picture, but you can get the idea from this van. The box truck has an access door where we access the unit.
Powermatic.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
clean one said:
I have a 95 E-350 i will sell

PICT0115.jpg

Nice truck!! That's what I want to get into next... what size motor is in there? What do you use the attic for?

clean one

It has a 460, i keep some moving blankets, my cordless drill, fiber max pads, mostly light stuff. The van has 204,000 miles on it and runs great. Has 4 new tires 2 almost new, new joints on front end that can be greased. A/C is cold, it averages around 10 - 12 mpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
What size box does the second from the left have... what size motor? Looks like you have a great set up!

Able 1 said:
What size box does the second from the left have... what size motor? Looks like you have a great set up!

It has a 5.7. All of them are on a 1 ton chassis. I don't have the size right on hand, I will have to find it. Setup works pretty good. This picture was almost 2 years ago, but the truck has 90K miles on it now and runs great. The first on the left has 225K.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom