Steve Cameron, you're in the wrong biz.

Mikey P

Administrator
Futhermore, it has nothing to do with truth or being honest, its just carpet cleaning for crying out loud. If you want to make out like it's a religion or something thats fine......I'm happy for ya.

Can I suggest the Mortgage and Loan industry for you?

This is a board comprised of 95% honest hard working owner operators that for lack of a gayer phrase, are here "to hone their craft"..

I have to step in when a multi-truck hack like yourself to come here and wave their dollars before morals cheat sheets at the audience. For an independent out to build up their one truck clientele there is nothing quite as important (beyond being a normal conversationally competent human) than doing a very thorough job and making a big deal out of pre vacuuming. Why do you think it is so easy to steal the good customers away from hacks like yourself?

The good customers who will pay top dollar want the best.
And no matter what Joe or Howard has taught you, you cant hire the best.

I think I'll create a secret room for your types.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Lock him in the Rubber Room...

I'll stick pins in him an' burn him wit lit matches......

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Futhermore, it has nothing to do with truth or being honest, its just carpet cleaning for crying out loud. If you want to make out like it's a religion or something thats fine......I'm happy for ya.

Can I suggest the Mortgage and Loan industry for you?

This is a board comprised of 95% honest hard working owner operators that for lack of a gayer phrase, are here "to hone their craft"..

I have to step in when a multi-truck hack like yourself to come here and wave their dollars before morals cheat sheets at the audience. For an independent out to build up their one truck clientele there is nothing quite as important (beyond being a normal conversationally competent human) than doing a very thorough job and making a big deal out of pre vacuuming. Why do you think it is so easy to steal the good customers away from hacks like yourself?

The good customers who will pay top dollar want the best.
And no matter what Joe or Howard has taught you, you cant hire the best.

I think I'll create a secret room for your types.

Boss man you are way out of line here. I do not know why you take everything I say and make something out of it that its not, and don't talk to me about hard work as if I have not payed my dues.

I will also stack my Quality up against anyones including you. You have always gotten your ass umptions wrong when it comes to me with mis statements and non truths.

Just what is the problem here.

Besides, your being just plain mean spirited during this Christmas season.

Steve

What about the statement you made to the guys whom BP has screwed over with the marketing. You said that those who lost owed BP for teaching them a lesson. Now your worried about what mike says at Christmas time ?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Don't worry steve the more Mikey Picks on you the more he actually Loves You :) It is when he doesn't mention you are starts spelling your name correct that you need to worry :)

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Not having a vac on your van or pre vacing at all is as bad as a water restorer that uses no meters.

The only time I wouldn't pre vac a home is if the lady of the house took it as a personal offense that I would think a vacuuming would be required after she did it with her 2k Kirby.

Your always going to get more soil out.

Those that don't have vac's in their truck and use them on a daily basis are hacks.

I've tactfully told a few of my customers that as well. Those who are concerned with setting themselves apart and doing the best job they can vac. Those that complain that they don't have enough time to pre-vac don't charge enough.

Those that simply won't do it should be asking

"Do you want fries with that?"

Greenie

It's the ones we love the most that get kicked the hardest, ask all of my friends, reminds me of the old adage...Son this is gonna hurt me, more than it hurts you.

We hope when the smoke clears your business is better from the tough love.

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
that means no.

So with out one you can't do a better job on at least 80% of the jobs we as Carpet CLEANERS see on a daily basis.

http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-3910-Mome ... B000HS28AA

You guys just don't get it. Quality is in the eyes of the Client. If you want to go home feeling all proud of yourself......I'm all for ya bro. By the same token, I get a rise when I hear over and over again how good we are. We made that client feel good about herself. That's what it is all about If it was a contest to see who did the best job.........YOU WIN. But it ain't. Get over it.

Cameron1

Chris Muetterties said:
Steve

What about the statement you made to the guys whom BP has screwed over with the marketing. You said that those who lost owed BP for teaching them a lesson. Now your worried about what mike says at Christmas time ?

Muttenhead,
leave the analogies to the pros.

Greenie

Hmmm......resistant to change?

Yup...Steve is a carpet cleaner through and through.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Unless you are vacuuming with an attachment hooked up to your TM, you are filling your customers home full of fiber and dead skin cells.
My view is that it would be unethical to create this menace in a home when we all know that so many lil kids have respiratory problems and or asthma.

Steve may be a thick headed Cracker but he is way ahead of most of his southern brethren some of whom own massive truck mounts just to get those walk up customers that are looking for a strip and wax service.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
When Steve gets a customer who is unhappy and feels like they got ripped off he just says to them

"you just learned a valuable lesson now move on" :twisted: :D :lol:

Cameron1

But they just keep coming back for more.................must be my pleasing personality

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, lol ... it's the pleasing personality. That's why several suppliers think you're me, and visa versa, at times.

For all you "mutton heads" who are picking on Steve, let me tell you that it was he who first taught me the tricks of using a carpet microscope and inspecting the customers vacuum on every job. Steve is, with vacuuming, like my idol jImMy is with shampoo. He thinks what you all don't know, won't hurt him.

Mikey P

Administrator
Now that Tony has sold off his company I can tell you he ran a hack .15 a foot outfit just like Steve's.

You can not make minimum wage workers pre vac and that's all there is to it.

I do love hearing the Owner come up with all these creative excuse as to why not though.

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Now that Tony has sold off his company I can tell you he ran a hack .15 a foot outfit just like Steve's.

You can not make minimum wage workers pre vac and that's all there is to it.

I do love hearing the Owner come up with all these creative excuse as to why not though.

At least get your facts right mikey. It's the mis statements that are just plain wrong and you know it.

breathe72

Mikey P said:
Chimps wont pre vacuum unless the Bissell dispenses a bong load every 50 sq ft.

True story:

I fired Nate on the spot when, after seeing the bong in the custy's bedroom, Nate asked him if he could "spare a nug". (this was at the end of the job, and nate was post-grooming)

The custy obliged.

My helper and the custy soon were up-in-smoke, and I was smoking MAD, waiting in the van like a jilted girlfriend.

This has nothing to do with a vaccuum.

Yes I use one.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
one thing about prevac'ing, once you start, there's no going back. The clients will know you're cheating them unless you drop your price. But then they will still know you skipped a step.
I can imagine some cleaner at one of my clients, "aren't you going to vacuum first?" OR they hired the guybecause of price knowing he doesn't vac. If he's a decent cleaner, good for him. If he isn't, I get those clients back and they never go away again.

Steve Marsh was telling me I vacuum too much. Maybe I do. I've just seen SOOOOO much crap come out of carpet that "I" just can't do it any other way. It bugs me if I don't vac first.

Now I charge 55/sf. If someone charges more than that and doesn't prevac, they are making one hell of a lot of profit, and I am giving my clients one hell of a deal!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
You're giving you customers a hell of a good job, and are being paid a really good price for it. You'll be fine until you want to hire crews and expand your market. If you stay solo, you should do great, based on what you post.

It's the new guys trying to do it your way that I worry about.

Cameron1

oops !!!!!!!!! 55 cents........ My bad........... My hat's off to ya.

I do, however, believe that I could steal some of your clients. Let me tell ya why.

I saw a video some where of you cleaning a set of stairs. In that Video you did not attempt to spray or agitate the soil infiltration line. AS a matter of fact, when the job was completed the line stood out like a sore thumb.

I would have gotten that out, or made it look a lot better. So, without a vacuum I think my finished product would have won the show.

I believe that it's what the customer thinks, and not how good I feel about my efforts. The eye for detail will win every time.

Now Ron,
I have the up most respect for you, and the job you do so. Please do not misunderstand what I am saying.

Back
Top Bottom