Steve Cameron, you're in the wrong biz.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I agree with the asshole. In fact, I think it's what they think, AND what they see that matters.

At the end of the job, their expectations and their eyes tell the story of success.

Greenie

Hey, I'll ride Steve to add vacuuming all day long...but i never said he was a multi-truck hack cleaning at .15 a foot, in fact I believe Steve is one of those .40 a foot high end Georgia cracker cleaners......that should be vacuuming for that rate.

hogjowl

Idiot™
And we all believe you are one of those west coast suppliers that think you know all about cleaning because you hang around with us.

STFU and carve out a new glide.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
steve said:
I saw a video some where of you cleaning a set of stairs. In that Video you did not attempt to spray or agitate the soil infiltration line. AS a matter of fact, when the job was completed the line stood out like a sore thumb.

Made me look!!
Twernt no filt-lines on those stairs. I'm always watch for those as well. Thats just the mark left by the stair tool. I go after those lines as well. The bugger ones are on the riser!

One thing I found in one house, the filt-lines vacuumed out about 50%! Always get all kinds of crap along the wall!! Sure made cleaning them a lot easier. Ooops, guess thats another win for the vacuuming side :wink:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Mikey P said:
Now that Tony has sold off his company I can tell you he ran a hack .15 a foot outfit just like Steve's.

You can not make minimum wage workers pre vac and that's all there is to it.

I do love hearing the Owner come up with all these creative excuse as to why not though.

HEY !!

We got well over 25 cents and I personally put a vacuum cleaner on each truck - they looked brand new for years - I believe my Techs look up to Marty and would shine up those vacs daily.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If you have employees doing the cleaning, do random vacuum bag screenings.

Expect to get angry........

Rex Tyus

Jim Pemberton said:
If you have employees doing the cleaning, do random vacuum bag screenings.

Expect to get angry........

You bring up a very good point Jim. If that is a consistant concern one might look at overbooking, presure to upsell, and realistic time frames for the workers. I have literally supervised thousands of people over the years and I have found that most want to do the right thing but we often push them into bad habits. Be it stocking shelves or sucking rug. People will succeed at the expectation that is inspected. If we give unrealistic expectation they WILL SHORT CUT, or find new employment.

G

Well; how do you get Workman's comp if you aren't allowed to drug screen?? Federal Law requires anyone to submit to drug screening if injured on the job or being investigated for accidents. And yes I inhaled when I was younger; Then I grew up after I joined the Navy; Gave up my childish toys; Different age and time. All my employees have to take a drug test, background check, and sign non disclosure statement prior to hiring them.

And yes; for 3 trucks we have 15 vacuums; if they don't prevac I will find out from custy; I do send a partial refund; and soon after they park the truck a fist fight starts. My chimps can't understand how a fat middle age man can walk through their punches; I just hate cleaning the blood off me afterwards and trying to get my boot out of their bung holes.

Rex Tyus

rjfdube said:
Well; how do you get Workman's comp if you aren't allowed to drug screen?? Federal Law requires anyone to submit to drug screening if injured on the job or being investigated for accidents. And yes I inhaled when I was younger; Then I grew up after I joined the Navy; Gave up my childish toys; Different age and time. All my employees have to take a drug test, background check, and sign non disclosure statement prior to hiring them.

And yes; for 3 trucks we have 15 vacuums; if they don't prevac I will find out from custy; I do send a partial refund; and soon after they park the truck a fist fight starts. My chimps can't understand how a fat middle age man can walk through their punches; I just hate cleaning the blood off me afterwards and trying to get my boot out of their bung holes.

Another lesson is in order I see...... the key word is RANDOM. Drug screening in Vermont can only be "required" when an injury is reported while at work. Try and keep up would you. You are making Florida rednecks look ignorant. FYI workmans comp regulations vary GREATLY from state to state.

I am calling BUSLLSHIT on that one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom