Stick to your prices

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Had a semi regular call the other day. Wanted to know how much to clean part of a bedroom. I told her my minimum was $120. She was shocked at the price and says that we might as well do the rest of the place. I say sure, our price for a 1 bedroom suite is $150. Then she says she will have to ask the owner. Calls back this week to give me the go ahead. She's been calling around to find a cheaper price with no luck. At $150 I still don't make much money but it's work. She is a real estate agent.

steve_64

Nobody wants to be the ugly American when traveling abroad.
They'd rather be ugly Canadiens?

Lots of regular people around the world could care less where you are from. Some will hate you just for being American or white while others will love you.

People who lie about who they are are idiots. Imo

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

Gee, wonder why that is? Maybe, just maybe, it’s the opinion the rest of the world has of Americans???
The rest of the world isn't so fond of Canada these days neither. Or so I've heard.
Same for Britain and some others.

We are living in a world of political hate. But like I said not all citizens feel the way the media portrays things

I've bunked with Pakistani military pilots 35 years ago who loved america. Only one was a hater. A couple I partied with wanted to stay here. They were the first ones to show me how to roll hashish in tobacco.

I don't buy into the whole world perception.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Regarding: Sticking to your prices.
Here in the good old USA, Florida to be specific, they call it "Stand your ground" law.

Of course, like anything else there, you'd need to own a gun to truly understand let alone practice this law.

You'd understand if you were from Florida, though we'll be more than happy to send governor Scott to explain it to you, our northern friends. As a matter of fact you don't have to return him. Please keep him :winky:

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Speaking of standing your ground in Florida, there are a bunch of people refusing to evacuate from Panama city ahead of hurricane Michael. When the Waffle house closes, that's your cue to leave. Hope they know what they're doing.

steve_64

Speaking of standing your ground in Florida, there are a bunch of people refusing to evacuate from Panama city ahead of hurricane Michael. When the Waffle house closes, that's your cue to leave. Hope they know what they're doing.
Do any of really know what we are doing...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
As much as I like to razz Mikey about his prices, if you think about it, he is charging a fair price and most of us are under charging. In 1985 I was working for a relatively high end company and we were charging $.25 per sqft. Almost 35 years later, we are not getting much more than that. I usually charge $.30-.35 per sqft. I balance it by time as well. I do have some jobs where I am making $300 per hour as well as some as low as $120. Everything else has gone up in price. Housing, gas, insurance, equipment, chemicals, etc. This has to be more than a job for you. You are entitled to make a profit beyond your wages. Really, we should all be a little more like Mikey. Not necessarily in looks though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom