Still Looking For T&G Degreaser

R

R W

I'm still looking for that ultimate T&G (mostly the G) degreaser. I wanted to post here so that most that read the boards will see it, instead of on the hard floor room. I have a kitchen tile job (the common red 6" tile used in most commercial kitchens), 8500 SF, and some of the testing I've done isn't producing the expected results. I started with Viper Venom....it's crap. I tried the Purple degreaser from the local Advance Auto store.....not much better, and stinkier. I've added Powerburst, citrus solvent, Prochems restoration cleaner.......still can't get that years of grease out of the grout lines without super-scrubbing. The T&G room had some suggestions about using VCT stripper. This tile has been neglected for many years, with the maintanence crew just mopping down dirty water, and mopping it back up.

The grease is stringy, nasty, and gooey, but can be coaxed out with the SX12. I just don't have the time to spend scrubbing out all the grout lines.

Does anyone build and sell a powered grout brush that isn't a rotary. The Conqueror I have with the T&G brush just jumps around on the tile.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
How did you mix the viper venom? i wasnt getting good results with it until i mixed it 1:1. Then it worked very well. but then again i have never done anything overly greasy.

Walt

If it's stringy I bet it has some acrylic floor finish on the tiles. I've seen it plenty of times on tile. The VCT stripper would work better and faster, but it will still be stringy.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Does anyone build and sell a powered grout brush that isn't a rotary. The Conqueror I have with the T&G brush just jumps around on the tile.[/quote]

Try strapping a 25lb weight (I use a dumbell) on the base in front of the motor of your Conqueror with T&G brush to get into the grout lines. Works on my Brute.

G

I'm telling you! Dont be afrad to use floor stripper!, thats what its made for. Now you will get emails from some suppliers here not to use it because they lose out $50 a gallon profit.

Talk to a jantorial supplyer not a carpet cleaning supplyer!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Steve Lillard said:
I'm telling you! Dont be afrad to use floor stripper!, thats what its made for. Now you will get emails from some suppliers here not to use it because they lose out $50 a gallon profit.

Talk to a jantorial supplyer not a carpet cleaning supplyer!

Steve Nailed it....................

Walt

Way cheaper - $35-40 for 5 gallons of good stuff.

You need to find a janitorial supply house that does a lot of volume. One place near my house charges, 15-20 per gallon for okay stripper. In Portland its 10 per gallon for some really good stuff at Regal Supply. The probably sell more floor machines per month than the other sells in gallons of goods.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Stoneteck Restore...never even have to scrub...ever!!
Made by dupont now.

Don't use it on natural stone and all that.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
did you ever think it might take more then one cleaning to get it all out, it went down in layers so you are probably going to have to take it off in layers

CRB machine will get to the grout better then the conqueror and tile brush but with the crb you are going to have to scrub it in both directions, i have never had the conqueror machine skip around so not sure what is going on there

A rotary and stripping brush will only slide over the top of the tile

if it has wax on it then strip it then clean it with judson O2, this was cleaned with judsons and auto scrubber and stripping brushes, used stripper on it the year before and oxy blaster the year before that. Oxy Blaster will also strip floor wax
concordiatile5an8.jpg

concordiatile2qq9.jpg

concordiatile3xh3.jpg

it took me 3 cleaning over a couple of months to get that floor all the way clean even with a lot of power scrubbing. In certain situation I believe that a manual brushing is going to be your easiest way of doing it

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Stoneteck Restore...never even have to scrub...ever!!
Made by dupont now.

Acid for grease and wax?. I would usually start with an alkaline but more then one way to skin a cat. I've had Stonepro tell me to start with the acid as well but have never tried it.

Albert

Walt

I've had more then a few that have taken multiple cleanings to get it all. Better each time. Looks good, I bet they were very pleased.

What ratio do you mix the Judson Juice?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I mixed the judson @ the recommended ratio on the jug, I think it was 2oz per gallon

once you get it clean it cleans up much easier the next time you have to clean it

nothing against stone tech but it didn't really work any better then any other T&G cleaner I had tried

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
RW;

We like a degreaser powder combined with a powder oxidizer.

The oxidizer helps return the grout to the original color.

This combo provides a great demo for the customer.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom