Stinky gymnasium carpet advice.

Mikey P

Administrator
Went to bid on 4200 of CGD that ain't glued down but rather laid over from, other carpet, and regular pad in some areas. They say they have been having it HWE'd every two months but the last two times it's taken days to dry and "stinks real bad"

The whole place smells of locker room/feet cheese to me. Hundred of kids running/flipping/dancing/somersaulting around the place. That along with the loose carpet make VLM undoable.

The wrinkles and losness will waste plenty of time and I'm going to have to lowball this to get the job so applying a deodorizer first which would take more time and add to the wetness is something I'm looking to avoid.

So the question is, what is your favorite "Add to the Pre Spray Freshen-Upper"?

A few dry strokes, the Vortex and Airpaths will be utilized.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Run your Cimex with Odorcide mixed in the solution tank. Odorcide is compatible with Releasit's crystallization. And Odorcide Fresh Scent does a good job and smells nice.

M

MB Auctions

Rick the carpet is super thin and floppy in areas and very un level, so much so I fear the M'ex would be jumping like an angry bean.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
No Mike, the Mex soothes angry beans.
Seriously - it can handle crazy uneven surfaces.
Try it on a test section and see if it'll work.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Sounds to me like there is a bunch of Crap in that carpet that stinks. Did you crawl between the 2 surfaces and smell the underlayment?? Prob has been overwet too many time's and both layers need attention.

Rinse with a good deo and a regular cleaning is what I wood do. With no guarantee of course. Can you roll the top layer and clean under first then come back and clean top??

Name
Brad Gouveia
My neighbor had a water heater leak and took about 3-4 days to dry it out. After it was dry it smelled like you mentioned. I ozoned it and got rid of it. Tarped it off and ozoned for 2 days. We tried cleaning it at first seemed to stop the smell but after it dried the smell came back.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
We did a gymnastics gym like this with thin carpet over the top of cushion. 40 year old building. We spiked it with odorcide fresh and let sit for about an hour then hwe.

We were heros after we finished, but after a week it didnt smell as good to me as it did a day later. :confused:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom