Stolen Slogans

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Figured I would paste this here in case it gets deleted from ICS.

"Helping you to get the most out of rugs".

I find it distasteful when large conglomerates manipulate the words of others that have succesfully marketed their goods without the financial rsources that these large companies have.

To take an item or items, that someone has copied from an existing design, & used a previous friend to gain first hand knowledge is just as distasteful.

I guess some people never really change, just like the chances of a Leopard losing its spots eh.??

But for a large company to do this is deplorable.

I know, this has been going on since mankind first appeared on earth, but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

In case you're wondering, this refers to the marketing of a rug washing machine and spinning machine now being sold/promoted by Dri-Eaz via Wolverine (in sheep's clothing), Tom Someshitte.

Ooroo,

:evil:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I guess you (somebody) should have copyrighted it or trademarked it (whichever is appropriate). Here shorty, I got a new one for you. "You've tried the rest, now try the best".

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Doug, but I have my own.

Get Shorty, or get second best. :wink:

Works for me.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Here, I'm gonna let this beauty go for all you broke dicks to use.
"We don't cut corners, we clean them". I just thought that one up.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Marty, you have the unique ability to always confuse me. :oops:

:idea: What the bloody hell is a DAT :?: :?: :?:

Sometimes I often muse that you & I have a strange & unique relationship.

You're strange

&

I'm unique :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just jokin' :lol:

Ooroo,

Name
Nate W.
Shorty Down Under said:
Marty, you have the unique ability to always confuse me. :oops:

:idea: What the bloody hell is a DAT :?: :?: :?:

Sometimes I often muse that you & I have a strange & unique relationship.

You're strange

&

I'm unique :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just jokin' :lol:

Ooroo,

DAT= Dumb A$$ Topic.

DAP= Dumb A$$ Post.

IDGAS= I don't give a $hit.

IDGARS= I don't give a rats a$$.

That's about all the words sMarty uses.

Clark

The line Shorty is talking about is copywrited. The problem is the people using it have not made enough money yet to go after. So we just wait. Besides they drive business our way.

DavidVB

I don't think much of slogans anyway. One will help you get "more" out of rugs. The other will help you get the "most" out of rugs. I don't think anyone is going to be influenced one way or the other by that or most other slogans. Coming that close to copying doesn't get high marks for originality though.

I went to Michigan to meet Tom and see his equipment. He was very hospitable and helpful. His equipment was impressive.

Later I went down to Alabama to meet Clark. He was also very hospitable and helpful. The rug cleaning equipment he has developed and is still developing is also impressive. The purchases I made had nothing to do with a slogan.

Where did the the info come from about Dri Eaz selling rug equipment?

DavidVB

I see the wash tub on page 15, but I don't see any reference to Dri Eaz. I'm either missing something or you have a different edition. Perhaps its an Australia thing? No matter. Just curious.

DUSTY

Dri-eaz did not steal anything , they accually have a ton of class and have been knocked off many times in our industry so they know what is like.

What Shorty was referring to was a note that I got from someone at Dri-eaz asking me what we were going to do about the theft of our USP.. unique selling proposition. "Helping you to get more out of rugs"

Greenie

Thank you for the clarification, I knew Bill was smarter than that, in this small industry you choose very carefully who you "partner" with or you go away.

Tag lines aside, as a Mfg. you will be judged by the quality of your equipment, you can always defend price and quality, apologizing for shortcuts sucks.

RosscoPico

If that is true did Dusty rip off Tri-State's machine design and grid concept.
And there were probably other portable dusters before them.
BTW we have a Badger and are more than happy with Dusty's service. :D

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Slogans are what they are, but usually the people who do the ripping don't always survive. A very very very old ex employee tried using our slogan, "The beauty of a room starts with the floor." In there newly started biz..a year later that biz is closed and he is attempting to start his 13 failed store in as many years under a new name.

Clark

I designed and built the Rug Badger. Who the hell is tri state. I never saw a duster ever before I built the Badger. I talked with a person with a 16 feet belt duster. This is where Dusty's Idea came from. Dusty has a large belt duster in his plant. I knew nothing of Tri-State.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Easy Clark, if you concentrate to hard, you may miss and kill bawb instead.
RosscoPico said:
Mikey P said:
Wolverine Monahan ripped off Dusty's machines and his tag line

All around douche bag.

If that is true did Dusty rip off Tri-State's machine design and grid concept.
And there were probably other portable dusters before them.
BTW we have a Badger and are more than happy with Dusty's service. :D

Better get your facts straight. You are not going to find another engineer that is as dedicated to our industry in his ability create useful tools for cleaning. We don't want to piss him off! :|

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Clark said:
Who the hell is tri state.

No need to bust a boiler old chap.

They use to advertise their product with a photo in CleanFax or ICS mag years ago. Dusty has a copy of the video about the product that I sent him for his "museum". When he asked me to send it he told me he knew of the product. From memory production stopped about 12-15? years ago when the owner of the business passed away.

roro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom