Stone Pro Boot Camp Review 4/2016

Mikey P

Administrator
I doubt a single person on this site could tell you that carpet is as popular as ever in their area. Statistic after statistic shows massive shrinkage in soft flooring shrinkage..

Ask yourself these questions..

• How many Travertine floors have I seen in the last five years.
  • How many of my customers have Granite counter tops in their kitchens or Marble in their bathrooms?
  • Are my customers silly enough to have stone in their shower stalls?
  • How many of my jobs are down to just a room or three of carpeting these days?
If you think you can afford to ride this wave out and wait for purple shag to become the rage again, think again.

Stone surfaces need to be maintained on a regular basis. Steam cleaning, resealing, etch removal, soap scum removal, honing and polishing, grout and silicone joint repair.

You better be learning these skills if you expect to grow your floor cleaning business in the next ten years.

Gather some basic tools such as a hard floor wand, Spinner, hand tool, shop vac/truckmount, a 175, a Makita polisher, grout brushes, flat mops, razors, scrapers, picks, bonnets and pads.

And get yourself and your top tech to a Stone Pro Boot Camp asap.
In three short days you'll gain the confidence to remove etching and irregular surface wear of Travertine/ Limestone and Marble floors. You'll be confident in polishing and removing hard water build up from Granite and Marble counter tops.

12928287_988009414568418_674375588037111353_n.jpg

@Rob Fairfield will literally take you by the hand, and walk you through step by step of fixing at least six stone floor types, countless counter materials, including man made stone as well as concrete. You'll have every tool imaginable to test out. Cimex, OPs, stone specific and carpet style 175's, hand polishers, diamond powders, resins and diamond impregnated fiber pads. Crystalizers and more.

12919671_986995061336520_263780213778433904_n.jpg

Don't know what any of this stuff is? Don't worry, by the third day you'll be speaking like a Cameron Demille.
Spending three days with fellow business owners in the same situation as yours, along with a few returning students who have already graduated into doing lots of stone work is invaluable.

If you think stone surfaces are not popular in your region, think again. I can't tell you how many times I get emails and PMs from carpet cleaners asking for help to clean a floor that they did not know was natural. It's all around you, you just aren't paying attention.

12928417_986995154669844_2376314883502292163_n.jpg

Budget $750 for for the class, $100 a night for a decent hotel, flight or drive costs, dinner only as they feed you during the day and expect to spend between $250 and $500 on some basic supplies to take up and get started. a 175 can be found used for a few hundred and a nice new one for $800. A Makita runs $220 or so.

What can you make in return?

Personally we charge $250 to $600 for a Granite counter top depending on how much restoration it needs.

$350 to $700 for a stone shower.

A buck a foot per polishing step on stone floors, most need at least 3.

Besides all that you'll learn how to remove light etch marks with one chemical and a rag in a few seconds flat. As you walk around your carpeted customers homes you can be the hero and open up conversations to larger future projects with your new skills and vocabulary.
Start filling out your estimates and invoices in the kitchens of your clients and take notice of their counters. You'll be amazed at how often you can do a soft up sell with one innocent "These sure are beautiful granite counters Mrs Piftleton, I hope that your husband is keeping them sealed..."

The choice is yours, keep your head in the sand and bitch and moan about your ever shrinking job average or get your butt to Anaheim for a crash course in expanding your business in a real way.

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
It was a great three days. Thanks to Mike, Mikey's Board members (Dan, Tom, Jimmy, Sam and Scott) and all the others. I truly appreciated your eagerness to learn and how hard you worked to get better. It was a privilege for me to work with all of you.
20160405_142822.jpg
20160406_123621.jpg

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Hey Joe, pm Rob Fairfield. I did and he got back with me rather quickly.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
It was an excellent class and guys at Stone Pro did a bang up job. Rob Fairfield is one of the best teachers I've encountered. He is an absolute asset to that company! Not only was the stone grinding class great but the attendees were all top notch. I had a blast. The cool thing is once you attend the original class you can back during future boot camps for free. I hope some of these guys come back. Well worth the money!

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom