Stone questions

Stone Dude

Hey guys, my name is Cameron and I live in Southern California. I refinish stone for a living. Restoration, cleaning and repairs also. Bill (Bee Busy) recently came down to visit and he mentioned this board. I signed up a long time ago and kind of neglected to stick around. Bill said you guys here might benefit from some help with the stone side of things. I frequent dirty grout and some other forums, and if anyone needs any help I'd be happy to do what I can. I'll see if I can get some other guys over here too.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Hey Cameron good to see u here again. Just to give some of u guys here on Mikeys some info on the experience of the class (I hope this doesn't come across like one of Brian Robison's infomercials) :mrgreen: :

1) This class was not a chemical company pushing experience (as we worked with over 10 different co. products), sitting on your butt being lectured or having someone tell u how smart they are and how much money they've made.

2) It can be a bit tiring and physical as we worked for 4 days 8-5 with an hour lunch. U won't learn this trade without going through the proper techniques. If you can't do the techniques correctly, how can u teach your employees to do it?

3) We did everything hands-on for floors: cleaning...grinding...crack/void fill...hollow tile filling...diamond honing...polishing...sealing
For marble and granite counters: chip and scratch removal...honing...polishing...sealing
For vertical (showers): marble/travertine/limestone, they had a 7x7 L shaped wall designed specifically for shower wall restoration...that wall kicked our butts!
Regrouting and recaulking.. for tilie/grout and stone.

4) Cameron and his partner Ted McFadden are 2 of the most insightful and helpful guys I've ever met. They are dedicated stone guys, that always return emails or answer/return calls. They aren't tied down to just one chemical/manufacturing company, so u get honest feedback on certain chemicals, diamonds, floor machines...etc. They recommended some sealers that are unbelieveable, some I had never heard of

5) Ted brought some Chetah pads that had been used/broken in at around 200 sq ft and one of the attendees tried them...after about 20 sq ft, he quit and went back to the resin diamonds :roll: and the diamond part was already showing it's wear with holes in them (I have a pic, but have a heard time posting pics here, I can email it if interested).

6) Ted's 100 page Stone Care book which is a very insightful book to stone care...the class is in Anaheim CA about 2 miles from Disneyland and Cameron is an awesome cook BBQing Tri-Tip, Pork, Hamburgers, and Carne Asada for lunch...maybe he'll make one of those nasty ass nutbergers for u vegans :mrgreen:

BTW...I'm not getting any special treatment from Cam and Ted for this post, both guys have been very helpful to me and have saved my ass several times over the past few years, so I figured the least I could do is spread the word to everyone here about their class. I have been to 5 t/g and stone classes over the past 7 years (some free, some paid). This by far the best tile/stone class I've been to so far and I felt that the word should be spread out to anyone interested or struggling with anything related to stone restoration.

here's the link http://www.easystonecare.com/Hands-On-S ... 032311.htm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom