Stone sucks!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I did a marble job Tuesday.

All day slinging a 175.

Ran thru 400,800,1800,and 3500.

I learned a lot.

Used Cobbs to seal it. Ended up going back today and buffing with a white bonnet some haze.

The guy was sold an acid by Home Depot guy for oil spots.

So he etched it pretty good.

Talked to Rob Fairfield today about some areas I was concerned with.

He said hit with a crystallizer and a M3 pad.

If I hear back from the client I'll do that.

My problem was I think I needed to start with 220 grit because of the etched areas.

Still it looks a lot better, but I saw where it could be better.

Name
cameron demille
You could have gotten a lot more out of it for the same amount of work. 220-1800 then polish.

Example

What kind of marble was it?

A lot of floors can be started with 400, but most of the time it doesn't make sense. Typically you're refinishing to remove scratches throughout and some etch marks. This means that the majority of the floor still has some sort of polish on it. Breaking through a polish is the longest/hardest step. Starting at 400 doesn't really make you go faster. You're going through less steps, but you're not actually saving yourself a lot of time. Starting with the lower 220 grit adds a step, but saves time because the 220 cuts much faster. You go through your grits faster.

Also, 3500 is almost never needed if you are using good quality diamonds. If you haven't tried them yet, I would recommend our Ultra Resins. They last longer than most, and the clarity at 800 will rival anyone else's 1800, and a lot of 3500 grit diamonds.
http://www.easystonecare.com/Ultra-Resin-Starburst-Diamonds-p/ultra.htm

This is 800 Grit on Crema Marfil
OgBdMXe.jpg

This is 1800 grit on Crema Marfil, no polish
iFvctMA.jpg

This is my test table in my backyard
wUFnnv0.jpg

And here is the finished product after our Dynamite 5X
lvA5RMx.jpg

Mrice

Name
Mat
Bammm! Fantastic looking table Cameron. Cameron and Rob have both helped me out a lot. For me Cameron is more diamonds and technical (think stone specific), Rob is more universal. Both offer great support for their products and are there when you need them when you have questions. Support either of these guys or both...they are worth it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also, why didnt you go to 800 and then straight to EMP?

I offered both, then I remembered either Cameron or Ted saying start with a 220!

150 sq ft $400, still a learned enough ordered the 220 set off Cameron's site.

Just wondering I have a fairly new set of 400 800, 1800 from Rob can I use those up then get yours?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom